PRESS RELEASE EMBARGOED UNTIL SATURDAY 29 AUGUST 2020
THE HUGE IMPACT OF ONE LOST BANK HOLIDAY DAY TO WEDDING BUSINESSES & COUPLES
This Bank Holiday Saturday, historically the busiest wedding day in the calendar:
● 4,452 Weddings will not take place in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
133,560 people will not go to work
● 213,696 workers will not have provided their services
● TOTAL: 347,256 workers impacted in just one lost day
● 445,200 guests will not not be attending a wedding this Saturday
● At least 107,000 weddings have been postponed or cancelled since lockdown, across the UK
The wedding sector is worth £14.7bn every year* meaning weddings contribute more to the UK economy than live sports events and three times that of live arts and cultural events.
“The wedding sector was one of...