making Volcanoes a unique story in the empowerment of Africans
Volcanoes Safaris celebrates fifteen years as pioneers in great ape tourism, providing unique eco-luxury experiences in Uganda and Rwanda.
Established in 1997 by Praveen Moman and Yusuf Mulima Mubiru, Volcanoes Safaris celebrates fifteen years as leaders in the safari and adventure travel world this year. It has been a special journey at the forefront of the revival of adventure tourism in Uganda and Rwanda.
Praveen Moman, described by the Financial Times as ‘a visionary conservationist’, says: “Team Volcanoes - a very fine group of men and women from Uganda, Rwanda and around the world - has been working over the last fifteen years to build up our unique story. They have been a tremendous inspiration to work with.”
“The Volcanoes team has worked hard to overcome the legacy of conflict in the 1990s and rebuild tourism in this area. A number of staff who started in humble jobs are now part of the senior management, making Volcanoes a unique story in the empowerment of Africans.”
Volcanoes’ staff share the essence of simple African hospitality with guests, a refreshing change from the homogenized travel that is increasingly prevalent in the world. A safari with Volcanoes led by their outstanding guides is an amazing experience.
A holiday with Volcanoes is a win-win story. It helps protect some key endangered species – the mountain gorilla, chimpanzee and golden monkey. It helps protect their threatened habitat. It contributes directly to local people earning a living from sensitive and controlled tourism.
Volcanoes is the only company to own four properties in this area. This allows them to share their eco-luxury values with guests so that the culture of local communities, the fragility of the environment and using resources in a sustainable way is part of the unique Volcanoes experience.
From the luxury gorilla experience at Virunga Lodge in Rwanda, to hiking and culture at Mount Gahinga, to the chimpanzee and wildlife viewing at the contemporary Kyambura Gorge Lodge, to a journey deep within the jungle to track gorillas at Bwindi Lodge - every Volcanoes lodge provides a unique eco-luxury experience.
The Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust (VSPT), the non-profit arm, supports conservation and community programs in the areas neighbouring the lodges as a practical demonstration of their commitment to the community.
“Today we celebrate the close and warm relationship we have developed with many guests from around the world, the many travel companies that have supported us, the commitment of our staff, our partnership with communities and of course the people of Uganda and Rwanda. Over the next fifteen years, we will continue to refine the unique eco-luxury experiences we offer our guests and continue to be one of the leading adventure brands in the world.” Praveen Moman.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors:
- To celebrate Volcanoes’ fifteenth year, they are launching a series of special initiatives:
- A new safari: As part of the celebration, have launched a new safari, 7 Day Gorillas In Rwanda And Chimps And Wildlife In Uganda. .
- They are giving away 15 prizes: The first 15 confirmed safaris with Volcanoes quoting the code 15YEARS get 15% off their standard safari price.
- Additionally, they are planting 15 trees in Kyambura Gorge for every three safaris sold. The trees are planted in the restoration areas in Uganda around the lodges by two dedicated VS members of staff.
- Plus a host of celebratory events through Social Media and offline.
- Web: www.volcanoessafaris.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)870 870 8480
- Fax: +44 (0) 870 870 8481
- Prices from $2036 / £1,500. All itineraries exclude flights
- Guests can make a booking directly with Volcanoes Safaris or with their preferred travel agent or specialist Africa tour operator including Steps Discovery and Aardvark.
For further information and images, please contact:
Sales and Marketing Consultant
Volcanoes Safaris UK
T (+44) (0)870 8708480
M (+44) (0)775 393 3593
Puja Khanna (away until 28th June) Volcanoes Safaris UK Press representative Tel: 020 8809 0421 / 07894 208 848 Email: email@example.com