Tamar builds new site for Budget
Ecommerce agency Tamar has overhauled the Budget website for the Budget Group of Companies, one of the UK’s leading insurance intermediaries, in order to improve the conversion rate, customer experience and refresh the branding.
The new site has directed navigation and more calls to action, in order to drive customers to the quote engines and ensure they can find the information they require. It also features improved functionality and increased content. The look and feel of the site is more sophisticated, whilst retaining the approachable, relaxed and contemporary feel of the Budget brand.
Budget works with a panel of leading insurers to offer savings on a range of flexible insurance policies, some of which are communicated on the home page. Budget’s core products, car, home, van and bike Insurance, which can be quoted for and purchased both online and over the phone, feature prominently on the home page.
The site has extra content including industry news, route planners and maps to keep visitors engaged for longer and to encourage repeat visits to the site. Tamar will use natural search engine optimisation to deliver consistent levels of targeted traffic to the website and improve the quality and volume of insurance quotes requested.
Commenting on the new site, Scott Holmes, Budget’s Internet Marketing Manager, said: “Tamar’s experience of the insurance market and their understanding of our brand has resulted in a design focussed on delivering results. We will measure the performance of the site not just on the volume of quotes generated, but the quality and cost per quote and cost per acquisition.”
Neil McCarthy, Commercial Director of Tamar, added: “We have overhauled the site completely. The new site will deliver improved results for Budget using more calls to action and offer messages above the fold, and targeting customers with natural search engine optimisation.”
- ends -
Notes to Editors
· By using the latest technology and providing high service standards, we make it easier for our customers to buy insurance over the ‘phone and online. Our staff are trained to give expert advice and to solve problems quickly and efficiently. They also ensure that our customers are getting the car or home insurance cover that best suits their needs… at the lowest possible price from our panel of leading insurers.
· As an intermediary, Budget is able to access a wide range of underwriters, making it highly competitive in the marketplace.
· Quotes and further information can be obtained by visiting the Budget website www.budgetinsurance.com
· The Budget Group of Companies was established in 1992 and has grown to be the UK’s third largest personal lines intermediary, through a combination of organic growth and a series of major strategic acquisitions.
· The Budget Group of Companies now has over 1,000,000 customers; major contact centre operations in Peterborough, Coventry, Sunderland and Cape Town, South Africa; 90 high street retail outlets and websites. It currently employs over 1,900 people, and its head office is based in Peterborough.
· Budget’s core products are motor, home, commercial vehicle and bike insurance. The company also offers a wide range of secondary products, which include breakdown cover, travel insurance, life assurance, and mortgage payment protection insurance.
· Budget is the trading name of BISL Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
· Registered Address: Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, PE2 6YS.
Founded in 1995 Tamar, www.Tamar.com, is a leading interactive media agency with experience of building and maintaining websites across all industry sectors from finance and FMCG to the public sector.
Tamar’s experienced team of developers, technical architects and strategists offers a full service from launching an online presence to search engine optimisation, brand creation, email marketing and traffic generation.
Headquartered in London, Tamar’s retained clients range from jamvikt.com and Dreams Plc to the RAC and Endsleigh Insurance.
For further information please contact:
T: 020 8996 8704
Tamar builds new site for Budget