For immediate release: 18 July 2011
The Menopause Exchange
Providing essential information on the change of life
If you are writing about the menopause, make sure you contact The Menopause Exchange. This completely independent organisation provides information on the menopause and related issues and isnâ€™t sponsored by any companies or commercial organisations.
The Menopause Exchange can provide case studies and background information on a range of topics â€“ from HRT and menopausal symptoms to complementary therapies, nutrition, product advice and self-help measures. We can also write articles on the menopause and related topics to suit your publication, whether itâ€™s a consumer magazine, daily newspaper or trade journal.
All journalists can receive by email The Menopause Exchange quarterly newsletters at no cost â€“ just email email@example.com.
Members of The Menopause Exchange receive four issues of the newsletter and regular fact sheets, use the information service and have access to the â€˜Ask the Expertsâ€™ panel. Our membership special offer until the end of July 2011 includes two free back issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter in addition to the usual membership entitlements. Annual individual membership to The Menopause Exchange is Â£18.
Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange, is available to present talks and seminars on the menopause to journalists, healthcare professionals and groups of women. She is also available for interviews and can provide expert quotes for relevant articles.
Norma Goldmanâ€™s book â€˜The Menopause â€“ Ask the Expertsâ€™ was published by Hammersmith Press in 2009 and is available through Amazon and leading book shops.
You can find our most recent press releases and articles on The Menopause Exchange website (www.menopause-exchange.co.uk). The website also includes background information on our â€˜Ask the Expertsâ€™ panel and talks and seminars.
For more information on The Menopause Exchange, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, fax 020 8954 2783 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Masterâ€™s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and womenâ€™s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Masterâ€™s degree in Science Communication.
3. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
4. Topics covered in previous issues of the newsletter include: the perimenopause; HRT questions you forgot to ask your doctor; easing flushes and sweats without HRT; treating vaginal dryness; sleeping better at the menopause; phytoestrogen and herb safety; menopause relief through your pharmacy; essential fatty acids; screening for women over 50 and premature menopause.
5. UK annual membership (4 issues of the newsletter, regular fact sheets, use of the information service and â€˜Ask the Expertsâ€™ panel) costs Â£18 for individuals; Â£22 for local organisations; Â£40 for companies/national organisations; corporate (over 10 copies) and overseas memberships are available on request.
6. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.