For immediate release: 12 November 2012
Ease your symptoms with pharmacy products
Pharmacists are highly qualified healthcare professionals available on every high street without an appointment. So it‚Äôs not surprising that some women are using over-the-counter (OTC) products to ease mild to moderate menopausal symptoms.
In the Autumn 2012 issue of The Menopause Exchange newsletter, independent community pharmacist Lila Thakerar MBE discusses which pharmacy products can be used for common menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes and night sweats, dry skin, vaginal dryness and bladder problems. She also advises on how to use these products safely and effectively.
‚ÄúPharmacies are ideal places for expert advice and information,‚ÄĚ says Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange. ‚ÄúIn her article, Lila Thakerar mentions popular menopause products containing phytoestrogens, sage, dong quai and vaginal moisturisers, as well as help for specific symptoms like bladder weakness and brittle hair, nails and bones. It is important that women always tell their doctor if they are using any OTC products.‚ÄĚ
The Menopause Exchange, which was established in 1999, is completely independent and is not sponsored by any companies. It aims to provide unbiased and easily understood information to women and healthcare professionals. The information provided is designed to enable women to make informed decisions about their own health and wellbeing.
Other articles in the Autumn 2012 issue of the newsletter include pharmacy help for the menopause, anxiety at the menopause and thyroid problems. We also have book reviews, news and our ‚ÄėAsk the experts‚Äô page.
Take a look at Norma Goldman‚Äôs video ‚ÄėThe Menopause ‚Äď keep your cool‚Äô on the home page of The Menopause Exchange website to hear general information on the menopause. Benefit from her top ten tips on how to cope with your symptoms, with information on HRT, complementary therapies and self-help lifestyle measures.
Visit The Menopause Exchange website at www.menopause-exchange.co.uk.
For more information on The Menopause Exchange, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, fax 020 8954 2783 or send an
e-mail to email@example.com
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: The perimenopause; Menopausal symptoms you may not recognise; HRT questions you forgot to ask your doctor; Treating vaginal dryness; Eating for the menopause; Ageing past the menopause; Weight gain; and Premature menopause.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master‚Äôs degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women‚Äôs groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master‚Äôs degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.