T Series is a cost effective secure solution to some of the new challenges facing IT teams.”
WatchGuard Brings Security and Convenience to the Distributed Enterprise
Firebox T30 and T50 appliances deliver high-performance, enterprise-grade security from an easy to configure, deploy, and manage tabletop appliance that is perfect for SMEs, distributed environments and franchise environments
Woking, Surrey: 10th December 2015 — Wick Hill is now shipping WatchGuard’s Firebox T30 and T50 powerful, enterprise-strength Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances. The T30 and T50 are engineered specifically to address the rapidly changing security threats faced by small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and distributed enterprises.
Faster, more widely accessible connectivity is enabling organisations to be more distributed than ever before. In addition to securing the communications between a traditional corporate headquarters and remote employee sites, many distributed enterprises must also support multiple locations which operate like a typical small business. This relationship between a centralised entity and many independent business locations is especially common in the retail, hospitality, medical, and financial industries and creates very unique network security challenges.
For these organisations, a centralised security policy is critical, as is the ease of deployment of the security solution at the remote business location. The ability to maintain visibility across their entire network is equally as important for compliance reporting, health monitoring, and business intelligence purposes. Access to value-added services, such as secure wireless, is also a huge benefit.
"Organizations are becoming increasingly decentralized and it is our responsibility to deliver security solutions to operate seamlessly within those distributed environments," said Andrew Young, vice president of product management, WatchGuard. "In addition to consolidating critical network and security functions into a single, centrally managed platform, we've made it our mission to make our solutions easy to deploy, easy to manage, and generally accessible to companies of all sizes."
Ian Kilpatrick, chairman Wick Hill Group, commented: “The rapidly changing threat environment makes it increasingly important for decentralised organisations to not only deploy to, and secure their remote offices, but also to be able to manage and report on them. T Series is a cost effective secure solution to some of the new challenges facing IT teams.”
WatchGuard's T Series of tabletop UTM appliances are ideal for remote sites, branch offices, and SMEs. Their small form factor makes them easy to conceal in environments where there is most likely not a dedicated datacentre and their new built-in power over Ethernet (PoE) port makes it easier than ever to add secure wireless services with a WatchGuard Access Point.
All of WatchGuard's Unified Threat Management (UTM) appliances include access to the company's unique, RapidDeploy feature which enables centralised IT teams to pre-configure appliances for quick and non-technical installation at distributed remote sites. This feature is especially ideal for retailers, hospitality chains, healthcare co-ops, and other Distributed Enterprises.
Also standard with all WatchGuard appliances is access to Dimension, the company's award-winning, actionable threat intelligence platform*. Dimension aggregates data from all WatchGuard appliances across a customer's network and translates that data into visually rich and actionable information. With Dimension, customers can easily see not only what is going on in their network but proactively take steps, faster than ever before, to update their security policy immediately, right from the reporting dashboards, to stop malicious sites, applications and users.
WatchGuard's Firebox T30 and T50
WatchGuard Firebox T30 and T50 consolidate the most important network and network security functions in one tabletop platform. Offered as both a wired and a wireless solution, the products provide high-performance, enterprise-grade network security to small and medium sized organizations and distributed enterprises alike.
• High Performance – Enhanced firewall speeds up to 1.2 Gbps and UTM security speeds up to 165 Mbps to enable modern encryption and usage trends.
• PoE Port for Easy Wi-Fi Upgrade – Eliminate the need to have AC power running to peripheral devices. All T30 and T50 products come standard with one Power over Ethernet (PoE) port, which allows the painless deployment of technology like access points or security cameras.
• Integrated 802.11ac Wireless – Enjoy faster, more reliable Wi-Fi with the latest 802.11 ac wireless standard is available on both the T30-W and T50-W models.
• Rapid Deploy – Preconfigure appliances for secure branch office/remote deployment without the need for technical staff to travel to deployment sites.
• Advanced Malware Detection – Catch malware that signature-only AV solutions miss. Next-generation sandboxing in the cloud with full system emulation (CPU and memory) provides visibility into every instruction that malware executes, not just the operating system calls, to expose evasive behavior that other sandbox solutions do not see.
• Actionable Threat Intelligence** – Leverage a centralised, real-time view into all network activity with the power to take immediate action against harmful sites and users.
• Crypto co-processing for SHA-2 – Increase performance while meeting compliance standards that require an upgrade from older crypto algorithms like SHA-1.
About Wick Hill
Established in 1976, value added distributor Wick Hill specialises in secure IP infrastructure solutions. The company sources and delivers best-of-breed, easy-to-use solutions through its channel partners, with a portfolio that covers security, performance, access, networking, convergence, storage and hosted solutions.
Wick Hill is particularly focused on providing a wide range of value added support for its channel partners. This includes a strong lead generation and conversion programme, technical and consultancy support for reseller partners in every stage of the sales process, and extensive training.
Wick Hill currently has offices in Woking, Surrey, with sister offices in Hamburg. Wick Hill Group is part of Rigby Private Equity, a subsidiary of Rigby Group Investments, an independent company within Rigby Group plc.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. is a global leader of integrated, multi-function business security solutions that intelligently combine industry standard hardware, best-of-breed security features, and policy-based management tools. WatchGuard provides easy-to-use, but enterprise-powerful protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit WatchGuard.com.
* New Dimension 2.0 features are only available for customers with an active support contract that are running Fireware® version 11.10.1 or later.
WatchGuard is a registered trademark of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
For further press information, please contact Annabelle Brown on 01326 318212, email email@example.com. For reader queries, contact Wick Hill on 01483 227600. Web http://www.wickhill.com. Twitter - twitter.com/wickhill