PIE Mapping are positioning to become a major component of the UK logistics tech infrastructure
PIE Mapping, a London based tech company, is on track for a Massive New Year after a cascade of successful signups to their Enterprise (SaaS) service, including a multimillion pound subscription deal with leading parcel delivery company DPD.
PIE Mapping are used to winning, it was their software that orchestrated the commercial freight vehicles for the Olympic Games here in London.
In June this year PIE Mapping took first place in Last Mile Labs accelerator, taking a £100,000 prize, and the multimillion pound commercial subscription for their Pie for Enterprise service. Their PIE software product ranges are capable of becoming the middleware for distribution and logistics companies, in this instance, replacing 8 separate systems with a single cost saving, efficiency generating platform.
Another recent sign up with Canary Wharf Group, makes PIE Mapping compulsory for every freight and delivery company involved in the £1.2Billion Southbank Place project, increasing efficiencies and also safety for the 300+ companies involved in the process.
Coupled with DPD as both customer and investor as part of a £1.5M series A funding round, "PIE Mapping are positioning to become a major component of the UK logistics tech infrastructure". With such high end Enterprise customers already in place, and a series B funding round expected in the summer of 2016, investors might well be eyeing up a slice of the Global PIE offering.
The other investor partners include: Winton Technology Ventures and L Marks specialist in corporate innovation founded by tech entrepreneur Stuart Marks.
Contact: Freddie Talberg, CEO Pie Mapping
020 7952 0450
Notes to editors:
• Last Mile Labs www.lastmilelabs.co.uk is an industry tech accelerator launched in December 2014 by DPD & LMarks with the aim to find and work with start ups and tech entrepreneurs that could help harness technology to navigate some of the difficulties inherent in the express parcel sector.
• PIE specialises in transport systems optimisation (routing, mapping and fleet management) for commercial vehicle fleets, local authorities and private businesses. PIE developed www.londonlorrycontrol.com, which helps hauliers comply with the London Lorry Control Scheme’s Excluded Road Network with the first compliance routing service for HGV’s operating in London.
• Since 2004, PIE has been collating and processing road network data specific to commercial vehicle movements in London and across the UK. We collect data from more than 470 local authority organisations.
• PIE targets HGV drivers, freight operators and transport managers.
• PIE was the supplier of Journey Planner to the London 2012 Olympic Games and worked directly with the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) to develop the Games Journey Family Planner to help manage the navigation of Games Family members throughout the Olympics.
• DPD is the fastest growing major parcel delivery company in the UK and has created over 4,000 new jobs in the last five years as a result of unprecedented growth and £250m worth of UK investment. Construction of DPD’s new £100m parcel hub at Hinckley in the East Midlands is now complete. The facility, which will be the largest of its kind in Europe, is on schedule to open later in 2015, creating another 1,000 permanent full-time jobs.
• Canary Wharf Group plc has overseen the largest urban regeneration project ever undertaken in Europe, designing and building more than 16m sq ft of iconic London real estate which now houses local and international companies and renowned retailers.