Skip nav

Has your story got the Gem Factor?

Gemporia launches nationwide competition to find Britain’s best gem story

Winner’s prize will be a £2,000 voucher of Gemporia Jewellery;

Runners-up to receive £500 voucher

Gemporia, the leading TV jewellery channel which sells more than 200 different coloured natural gems, today launched a nationwide consumer competition called “Gemstone Stories”. The winning story will receive a voucher for £2,000 to spend with Gems TV or on; and two runners up will each win £500 to spend.

Open to all, the entrants to Gemstone Stories are invited to share their personal story of why a piece of genuine gemstone jewellery that they already own, has had a profound impact or a lasting memory in their life - and how it makes them feel even months or years on after the event.

Perhaps it was a gift to mark a special occasion such as a Christening, Birthday, Wedding, Leaving a Job, an Inheritance or even an extraordinary event – something which happened unexpectedly.

Competition entrants are invited to submit a short video-blog (up to 2 minutes) of their story via Gemporia’s competition website

The closing date for the competition is Monday 18 November and a short- list will be drawn up on Monday 25 November. The Judge’s Panel will include Gemporia Founder and CEO Steve Bennett and Gems TV host Ellis Ward who will then agree on the winners and an announcement made on Friday 30 November.

The prizes and categories are:

Winner for Best Overall Story:£2000 Gemporia voucher
Runner-Up for Best Story-Special Occasion: £500 Gemporia voucher
Runner Up for Best story-Extraordinary Event: £500 Gemporia voucher

Steve Bennett, CEO and founder of Gemporia says: “Where there’s a beautiful gemstone, there is often a great story behind it. A story which tells about a special moment in a person’s life and how it made them feel. Sometimes that gem will represent a big change in life.

“The story behind the gem is an intrinsic part of Gemporia’s philosophy – which is why we decided to launch the first ever Gemstone Stories competition. We encourage as many to enter and want to impress that we are not looking for Steven Spielberg quality for the short one-minute films, just enough information to find out more about the entrants’ special story. Thank you in advance for sharing.”

- ENDS –

Media contacts:
Michelle Redmond, Minx PR,

Gemporia is the leading British TV jewellery channel, with turnover of £67.2m*, dedicated to making genuine gemstones available to all.

With more than 200 different natural coloured gems available, the jewellery, priced from £29 to £15,000, is sold online at; on TV via its dedicated jewellery channel Gems TV; and via the Gemporia App. Gems TV is hosted by a team of gemstone experts, selling exclusive pieces in a reverse auction format, where the price of the piece continues to fall throughout the auction, and all buyers pay the final low price. Gemporia’s highly skilled gem hunters travel the world to find the finest ethically-mined precious gemstones, sourced directly from the mines whenever possible. Ethics and people are an integral part of everything Gemporia does, and in 2012 Gemporia set up the Colourful Life Foundation, an independent charity focused on improving health and education facilities for the adults and children who live in the areas it works. Based in Redditch, Worcestershire, Gemporia was founded 2004 by Steve Bennett and his family. Gemporia is now an employee-owned business, with 75% of the business owned by trusts for the benefit of its 300 employees, with the remaining 25% owned by its founders. *year end March 2017 ; Gems TV is live 24 /7 on Sky channel 655, Freeview channel 43, Virgin Media channel 755 and Freesat channel 805