a delicious, soothing hot drink that is packed with your optimum daily amount of the super food turmeric
Turmeric Lattes are being heralded as one of the trendiest, as well as healthiest drinks for 2017. From Artisan coffee shops to sports clubs, this healthy alternative to coffee is fast becoming a hot favourite.
However, making your own is not only time consuming but can leave your fingers and kitchen counter a lovely shade of yellow! So the mother of 5 and business owner Maggie Howell has launched Turmerlicious - a new range of instant turmeric lattes which come in convenient single serving sachets for when you are on the go or larger packs of 10 servings for your kitchen counter.
Turmerlicious is made from a blend of coconut milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, a hint of black pepper to aid with the absorption of turmeric and coconut blossom nectar to a touch of sweetness. To accommodate the taste buds of her own 5 sons, she has created four different natural flavours – Vanilla, Ginger, Choco, and for the not so faint hearted, chilli choc.
Turmerliciousalso ticks many of the free from boxes as it is dairy free, gluten free, nut free and the non-choco versions are also caffeine free. To maximise the health benefits of the drink each serving contains approx. 1.5g whole food Turmeric powder.
The real beauty of Turmerlicious is it so simple and easy to make - Just add 3 heaped teaspoons to a mug, pour in boiling water, stir well and enjoy!
What makes Turmerlicious different from other turmeric products?
There are over 6000 peer review citations on the benefits of Turmeric, however, it is not easily absorbed into the body. Turmeric is fat soluble so it has to be consumed with fat for it to be absorbed into the gut (hence many supplements just pass straight through you). In addition, research has shown that Turmeric also needs to be buddied up with pepper for it to be fully absorbed (research has shown it increases absorption by 2000%). Finally, heat makes the turmeric more solubleand so more easily absorbed into the body
Unlike many other turmeric based products, Turmerlicious is made from the whole turmeric root, contains black pepper and coconut milk (65% fat). As soon as you add the hot water you have the optimum combination to maximise absorption into the body.
So with Turmerlicious, you can consume the recommended daily amount in a delicious way that maximises the absorption and hence increases any health benefits that turmeric may bring.
Turmerliciouswas launched at the Natural and Organic food Exhibition at Excel on April 2nd. In addition, Turmerlicious was shortlisted from over 90 companies to pitch to Holland and Barret in a Dragons den style live pitch and went on to be one of 2 companies picked to be on the shelves of Holland and Barrett across the UK.
- Editors notes -
Recommended retail price
£6.95 for a 200g pack which equals 10 servings and is currently available from Turmerlicious.com
For a free sample and to talk to founder Maggie Howell contact Turmerlicious, Intuition Un Ltd on Tel 01252 716859 or email
- “I’m thrilled to have discovered Turmerlicious – a delicious, soothing hot drink that is packed with your optimum daily amount of the super food turmeric along with other healthy and natural ingredients….and it tastes delicious!”
Janey Lee Grace, Author and BBC radio Presenter
- “Just ordered yet more - totally addicted, I just love Turmerlicious! I'm sure it has helped my Raynauds as well as helping reduce the pain from the Scleroderma” Monica Walton
- “I love these products and have recommended it to my friends. Already on my second order.” Dorothy Stones
- “I missed my Turmerlicious two days in a row and, boy am I noticing the increase in pain today. I thought it wasn't making much difference but obviously, it is!” Kath Harbisher
- “I've now been drinking Turmerlicious every day for a month! I have it in the afternoon as “a pick me up to see me through home life with kids till bedtime” Jemma Jessup
- “First taste of the vanilla drink and both my daughter (aged 7) and I give it the big thumbs up. Tastes delicious and it's so good to have a healthier option to hot chocolate.” Lisa-Marie McMahon
- “Really lovely and warming. I have fibromyalgia so avoid caffeinated drinks and this is a superb way of adding nutrients and giving my body some goodness.” Jane Lowey
- “I tried this for my recent work exams to keep me going and it really worked, I passed! I love the ginger flavour the best and it's a lovely alternative to a standard hot drink and it does you good too.” Caroline Patton
- “Brilliant to drink during revision! The chilli really helps you keep focused.” Joe Howell (aged 16)
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Intuition UN Ltd in the following categories: Health, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.