Speedy Services are today launching a new app to help workers access the Speedy catalogue from their mobile phones, even when they’re on site, to help get things done quicker.
Since apps can be used on the go, in-between jobs and with less distraction than when using a desktop computer, the new catalogue app aims to help people get what they need faster, and move on to the tasks in hand.
To find out whether apps help people save time, Speedy Services surveyed 2,000 people in the UK asking how much time they save with apps.
- 53.5% say apps help them save time
- On average, over 2 hours are saved each week due to apps’ ability to help get things done
- 1 in 10 people say they save over 5 hours a week, thanks to apps
- Millennials save more time with apps, with 62.4% of 18-24 year olds saying they save time
- This compares to over 65s, of which 62.3% say they do not save time with apps
- People in England (where 53.8% save time) and Wales (where 55.1% save time) are more likely to save time with apps, compared to people in Scotland, of which 55.6% say they do not save time with apps
- Speedy Services are launching their catalogue app on 18th May to help workers save time
The Speedy catalogue app is available for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone here: speedyservices.com/app
About Speedy Services
Founded in 1977, Speedy is the UK’s leading provider of tools, equipment and plant hire services to a wide range of customers in the construction, infrastructure and industrial markets, as well as to local trade and industry. The Group provides complementary support services through the provision of training, asset management and compliance services. Speedy is accredited nationally to ISO50001, ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001. The Group operates from 206 fixed sites across the UK and Ireland together with a number of on-site facilities at client locations throughout the UK, Ireland and from an international office based in Abu Dhabi.
Notes to editors
Survey generated 2,000 responses from UK residents. Results weighted for statistical validity. Survey ran through Google consumer surveys. Full responses:
- I save time with apps – 53.5%
* Apps save me over 5 hours a week - 13.6%
* Apps save me around 4 hours a week - 4.2%
* Apps save me around 3 hours a week - 7.1%
* Apps save me around 2 hours a week - 10.6%
* Apps save me around 1 hour a week - 18.0%
- I do not save any time with apps - 46.5%
David Clare, Fox Agency
07736 474 534
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Speedy Services in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.