The Forge Initiative end of year Showcase
Wednesday, 20th July 2016
Actors from The Forge Initiative, a one-year programme in practical theatre for actors, directors and writers who want to take their destiny in their own hands, create their own work, set up viable companies and make a difference, is now reaching its last chapter, which can mean only one thing - it is time for the end of year showcase. This is an exhibition of the best work that has been produced by our actors during the course of the year.
Our actors, writers and directors who took part on the one-year practical theatre programme were taught by practitioners with real industry experience and were equipped with the skills to create their own work, set up viable companies and survive in this increasingly challenging industry.
Having completed all our carefully designed modules, The Forge Initiative actors will now have the chance to take the work they have successfully produced on tour to Guildford, Clapham and Edinburgh Fringe Festivals this Summer. Some of these productions will also be shown at our showcase taking place this week (Wednesday and Thursday) at Paddington Arts, London. These include:
• 1920 - A multi-disciplinary and stylised play which focuses on a day in Detective John's life, incorporating a taste of Theatre of the Absurd.
• Cows and Calves - A comedic musical piece which follows the struggles of an all-girls boarding school as they attempt to transition into an all-female utopia.
• Ditched - A semi-autobiographical musical undercut with dark humour which follows two individuals as they experience bouts of therapy.
• This is Standard Observation - A drama / dance piece which centres on two girls whom have signed up for an unknown experiment.
• Once I had a Shelter - A physical theatre performance which explores themes such as human behaviour, inner fulfilment and creates an analogy about today's society.
• The Tobacconist - This piece follows a man living in an identity crisis which leads him into a heavy inner journey.
• Everything is going to be KO - Through multimedia, this comedy show explores what it means to be undiagnosed and living with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
• Henners - Features all six of Henry VIII Queens as they struggle to live with a moody, pretentious and power hungry King.
The showcase will be featuring our actors: Beth Day, Rita Duvall, Laura Lawrence, Ryan Layson, Maddie O'Brian, Kaiya Stone and Adantes Vieira. Find out more about each of them on our website: http://tfi.london/showcase-cast-july-2016.
The Final Year Showcase will take place on tonight and tomorrow at 7.30pm at the Paddington Arts, 32 Woodfield Road, London, W9 2BE.
Notes to Editors
About The Forge Initiative
The Forge Initiative is a one-year programme in practical theatre for actors, directors and writers to take their destiny in their own hands, create their own work, set up viable companies and make a difference. This initiative has been devised and delivered by Brian Astbury, a leading light in the UK for theatre training.
The Forge Initiative and programme leader Brian Astbury, a leading light in the UK theatre, have received many acclaims from the industry including Stephen Moyer, start of True Blood, Rufus Norris, Director of the National Theatre, Julie Hesmondhalgh, Hayley in Coronation Street and many more. Read what the industry says on the website.
Find out more: www.tfi.london
For press enquiries and further information please contact Consider This UK.
Khiloni Dulabdas / firstname.lastname@example.org / 01895 619 900
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Consider This in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Education & Human Resources, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.