The fun filled charity cycle challenge Nightrider is celebrating 10 years since the first event in London. In June 2010 some 300 riders took up the inaugural challenge, an original event for the charity world. Since then, over 21,000 people have cycled around London, Paris, Bristol, Liverpool and Glasgow at night and over £9 million has been raised! Nightrider is now known as one of the best-loved annual cycle events, because it’s all about seeing the sights, having a great night out with friends and family for a good cause.
To celebrate, Nightrider will be heading to 4 cities in 2019. Starting of course with London on 8/9 June, followed by Glasgow 22/23 June, Bristol 6/7 July and finishing in Liverpool on 13/14 July. This charity night ride is a unique way to discover iconic sights and lesser-known attractions. With hundreds of people already registered across all cities, this year is gearing up to be best night out this summer.
Nightrider is different to many other fundraising events: it's not timed, it's not a race and everyone taking part can support any charity they choose. With the aim of raising £1.5 million in one night, Nightrider is calling for more riders to get involved. Participants can register for one of the many Charity Partners including Series Partner British Heart Foundation or Tour Partners Alzheimer’s Society, Cancer Research UK, Macmillan and Polycystic Kidney Disease. Alternatively, riders can register on an Own Place and choose any charity of their choice to support.
Nightrider is open to anyone over the age of 18 who is prepared to put in some training beforehand. There are two distances to choose from in each city - 50km or 100km. All abilities are welcome, and training plans can be given. It’s a chance to have fun, get active and enjoy a Saturday night out with a difference, while doing something positive. The event is popular with friends and family, plus there are corporate packages available so it's an ideal team building event for companies. Alan Sendall took part in London Nightrider 2018 for the Alzheimer’s Society. He described it as “probably the friendliest ride you can do”.
Organised by leading charity tour operator Classic Challenge, Nightrider is clearly sign-posted so that riders can cycle at their own pace. There are break stops every 25km plus medical support and mechanical backup are provided throughout the night. Everyone receives a well-earned breakfast and medal at the finish line. The event is supported by Cycle Republic (official mechanical partner) and Virgin Money Giving (official fundraising partner).
For more information and to sign up visit www.nightrider.org.uk
-- ENDS --
For further information, case studies, spokespeople, footage and photography contact:
Gina Thomas, Nightrider Manager
Tel: 020 7619 0066 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Classic Challenge (formerly Classic Tours) originated the concept of overseas charity challenges in 1992.
2) Since then, more than £100 million has been raised for hundreds of charities. Over 65,000 people have cycled, trekked, run, climbed mountains and ridden horses to all corners of the globe while taking part in a charity event organised by Classic Challenge.
3) Its flagship event is Nightrider which started in 2010 as an annual charity night ride through London. In 2019, Nightrider will also take place in London on 8/9 June, Glasgow on 22/23 June, Bristol on 6/7 July and Liverpool on 13 / 14 July.
4) The 50km route in each city is accessible to disabled cyclists on handbikes.
5) The fundraising target for Nightrider 2019 is £1.5 million from all 4 events.
6) Nightrider has raised over £9 million to date for hundreds of charities.
Visit: http://www.nightrider.org.uk/ and http://www.classicchallenge.co.uk
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Classic Tours Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Sport, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.