New survey reveals 49% of Brits want older drivers banned from the roads completely.
A CarTakeBack.com and YouGov survey found the following:
● A huge 69% think older drivers should have to retake their driving test, starting at the age of 60.
● Nearly 1 in 2 (49%) think older drivers should be banned from driving completely.
● 57% of GB adults think the legal driving age to take a test and drive on the roads should be increased to above 17.
● Over 1 in 3 (37%) think you should have to be 18 to legally drive. Plus, over 1 in 10 (11%) think you should have to be 21 years old - 4 years above the current age limit.
● The over 55s are nearly twice as likely as 18-24 year olds (64% versus 36%) to think we should increase the driving age limit above 17.