For immediate release: 17 May 2016
Don’t believe all the menopause myths
Does smoking trigger an early menopause? Will HRT make you gain weight? Will you have a difficult menopause just like your mum did? And, most importantly, which menopause myths are true and which aren’t?
In the Spring 2016 issue of The Menopause Exchange newsletter, advanced nurse practitioner Jan Brockie takes a look at some common menopause myths, including whether the menopause is linked to depression, whether or not HRT is natural and how long hot flushes can last. She gives us the lowdown on whether these are true or not and explains why.
“With so much incorrect information about the menopause available, it’s easy to get confused,” says Norma Goldman, founder and director of The Menopause Exchange. “So it’s essential that women are able to distinguish the true facts from the myths.”
The Menopause Exchange, which was established in 1999, is completely independent and is not sponsored by any companies. It provides impartial, easily understood information to women and healthcare professionals. The Menopause Exchange quarterly newsletter contains articles written by top medical experts, such as gynaecologists, GPs, consultants, specialist menopause nurses, complementary practitioners, pharmacists, dietitians etc.
Other articles in the Spring 2016 newsletter include premature menopause, cognitive behaviour therapy and mindfulness and aches and pains, as well as recent news, Ask the Experts Q&As and details of talks by Norma Goldman.
The Menopause Exchange quarterly newsletter is available via email for free. Sign up on our website, www.menopause-exchange.co.uk. Find us on Facebook and Twitter (@MenopauseExch).
For more information, write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS, call 020 8420 7245, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTES FOR EDITORS:
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: Who can’t take HRT?; Coping with flushes/sweats without HRT; The menopause after cancer therapy; The menopause at work; Boost your memory; The menopause: a partners guide; Eating for the menopause; Your menopause consultation.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman, a pharmacist with a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks on the menopause to employees in the workplace and hospitals, women and women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, health clubs and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals (e.g. nurses and pharmacists) and complementary practitioners.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.