London, UK – 25 May 2016 - Leading independent provider of cloud and virtualization solutions, Xtravirt, today announced the release of the Sonar Management Pack for VMware Horizon®.
Sonar analyzes virtual infrastructures and VDI environments with speed and simplicity, unlocking powerful actionable insights for IT management and operations. Context-rich analytics focus on optimizing performance, reducing waste and avoiding issues. Built-in guidance enables improved operational practices resulting in less downtime, more predictable change, and reduced risk and cost. Baselining, trending and tracking changes with standardized measurable KPIs enables rapid and sustained ongoing improvement.
The Sonar VMware Horizon Management Pack takes the monitoring and management capabilities of virtual desktop infrastructures to greater levels while delivering new and unique insights. “Developing the Horizon pack was a natural and exciting next step as part of an expanding Sonar product”, said Xtravirt CEO, Gavin Jolliffe.
Currently available on early release, it allows managers and system administrators to improve planning, management and support of Horizon VDI environments. It enables all components including Connection servers, Security servers, vCenter, virtual desktops, resource profiles, published applications, desktop pools, templates and operating systems.
The Horizon Management Pack is licensed per environment enabling organizations to continually analyze the entire solution on demand, including unlimited hosts and VMs, with the flexibility to change or expand without the need to re-license.
• Over 72 individual VMware Horizon analytics built from more than 210 key metrics delivered through convenient collections of assessments and insights
• Supports Horizon 6.x – 7.x, including ThinApp
• Targeted Horizon environmental health including a comprehensive 23 point scorecard assessment with best practice guidance
• Horizon component level infrastructure assessment supporting Connection servers, Security servers, vCenter, and Horizon Events database
• Desktop insights including pool management, template and user assignment, and provisioning status
• Capacity assessment including asset and resource analysis for desktop pools. Supports floating and dedicated pools, including Microsoft RDS pools and display protocols
• Enables a unified view of multiple and distributed VDI infrastructures, and enhanced optimization of resources and forward planning
• Identification of faults preventing normal operation. Deep event profiling and historic trending enables identification of repeat offenders and areas to optimize
• Virtual desktop configuration and resource distribution assessment including CPU, memory, operating systems and virtual hardware levels
• Consolidated application inventory, configuration and status. Supports standard and ThinApp published apps, user assignment, presentation type and app groups
• Achieve a powerful and complete VDI and virtual infrastructure management solution by pairing the Horizon Management Pack with the Sonar VMware vSphere® Management Pack
Find out more:
Read more about the Sonar VMware Horizon Management Pack
Find out more about Sonar
Try Sonar for free
Sonar provides out-of-the-box analytics and management reporting capabilities for virtual infrastructure and VDI environments enabling organizations to achieve leaner costs, and consistently deliver more robust and optimized environments. The company is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and supports organizations worldwide across all industries. www.sonarhub.com
+44 800 4880 038
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Xtravirt in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.