Includes unique benefits for Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive users
“All in one” security now offers protection across PC, Mac and Android devices
LONDON, November 21, 2016 -- BullGuard (https://www.bullguard.com), the number one rated consumer security company, today announced the latest version of its industry-leading antimalware protection software, BullGuard Internet Security.
Known for delivering award-winning, easy-to-use security tools designed to protect consumers from online threats, the latest version of BullGuard Internet Security offers greater protection for cloud storage services including Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft’s OneDrive. This advanced protection extends to PC, Mac and Android devices including smartphones and tablets. Consumers can experience a free trial of BullGuard Internet Security for 60 days by visiting www.bullguard.com.
“Dropbox’s 500 million user base proves that cloud storage services are increasingly prominent in today’s world. As demand for these services grow, so too does the level of security threats. There’s never been a more important time to close the gap of basic security essentials that are missing with these ever-growing cloud-based services,” said Paul Lipman, CEO, BullGuard. “Our latest version of BullGuard Internet Security addresses these issues by providing backup tools that help extend protection to all major cloud storage platforms.
We’ve also extended the range of BullGuard protection to PC, Mac and Android devices so that consumers can keep themselves safe across multiple devices and multiple platforms at any given time.”
New features include:
• Simple backups: BullGuard backup is disarmingly simple. Users can back up their files and folders directly from BullGuard to their preferred cloud storage provider with a click; they don’t need to move their files from their computer to a virtual Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive folder.
• Scheduled backups: Scheduled backups can be made at predetermined intervals for greater control and reassurance that important files and folders are backed up regularly. Users also have the choice of backing up ‘on-demand.’
• Robust encryption: File and folders can be encrypted before they leave the computer. This critical update addresses concerns among consumers that their data, such as photos, could be compromised by hackers. The encryption key is set by the user and neither BullGuard nor the cloud storage provider has access to it so no one other than the user can access files.
• Safeguards against ransomware: BullGuard protects against ransomware, one of the most common and dangerous forms of malware today. According to a recent report 54% of UK businesses have been targeted by ransomware. BullGuard constantly scans for all forms of malware, including ransomware, so when customers back up their files they know they have a clean version of their data available.
BullGuard also provides the choice of synchronising or not synchronising backups. This is an important point. With Dropbox, for example, all backups are synchronised, which means that if files on a desktop computer are corrupted, the backed up files will also be corrupted. BullGuard however provides the option to turn off synchronisation, so backed up files are protected.
• Multi-device protection: BullGuard protection also now extends to PC, Mac and Android devices all from one license. This includes BullGuard Premium Protection, which alongside award-winning BullGuard Internet Security provides industry-leading identity protection and robust social media safeguards to keep children safe.
• Performance enhancements: A number of performance enhancements for both BullGuard Internet Security and BullGuard Premium Protection have also been made. These include faster and safer operation, revisions to the parental control module, registry protection, and a streamlined behavioural engine for trouble-free operation. PC optimisation has been improved with a range of new cleanup options and intuitive tweaks.
BullGuard Internet Security is available to trial for 60 days, and can be bought for up to three devices for £49.95 annually. BullGuard Premium Protection is available to trial for 30 days, and can be bought for up to 10 devices for £69.95 annually. Existing customers will be migrated to the new multi-license product starting with their first renewal purchase.
BullGuard is Europe’s number one rated consumer security company. Its award-winning product portfolio includes in-depth internet security, comprehensive mobile security, 24/7 identity protection, and social media protection for both home and small business users. BullGuard is also a pioneer in the Internet of Things (IoT) and connected device security for consumers. The company released the world’s first IoT vulnerability checker, and following the acquisition of Dojo Labs is leading the consumer-cyber security industry in providing the highest level of protection to consumers across all of their internet-connected devices and smart homes.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
For more information:
The PR Room Ltd
Tel: 0845 094 2902
Mobile: 07977 429741
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The PR Room in the following categories: Men's Interest, Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.