Maidenhead, UK.— 13th April, 2017—Carbon Black, the leader in next-generation endpoint security, today announced it has been named a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Endpoint Specialized Threat Analysis and Protection (STAP) 2017 Vendor Assessment (doc #US42385717, April 2017).
Carbon Black occupies the upper right portion of the IDC MarketScape industry chart, which combines “capabilities,” “strategies” and “market share.”
Click here to download an excerpt from the report and to view the MarketScape graphic
Highlights from the report include:
- “Customers interviewed by IDC highly praised Cb Response, choosing it over competitive solutions to improve their triage, threat hunting, incident response, and remediation processes.”
- Cb Response was heralded for the rich contextual information it uses to support alerts and the ability to set up custom rules to isolate hosts, block custom malware, and automatically trigger an action in third-party products.
- Cb Response was recommended for its ability to gather continuous behavioural and contextual data on millions of endpoints to investigate and rapidly respond to new threats and scale to support up to 150,000 endpoints per server cluster.
- Cb Response’s “Live Response” was noted as a differentiator against competitor products for its ability to empower responders with the ability to conduct remote remediation.
- Customers praised Cb Response for its extensive default functionality and the ability to run remediation scripts, collect memory and process information, and issue system-level calls.
- Cb Defense was noted as a cloud-delivered antivirus alternative for enterprises lacking IT security resources or seeking an alternative to traditional antivirus. The report called out Carbon Black’s strategic plan to fully integrate Cb Defense and leverage its cloud-based architecture to create a unified platform with a single agent and integrated back-end infrastructure.
“This report validates Carbon Black’s leadership position at the forefront of the highly competitive endpoint security market,” said Patrick Morley, Carbon Black’s president and chief executive officer. “The most important validation we can get is from our customers, many of whom lauded Carbon Black as part of this report. Today, Carbon Black protects more than 9 million endpoints for 3,000 customers worldwide. We are proud to deliver a market-leading solution in Cb Response, which empowers organisations to hunt for the most advanced threats and scales to the largest of enterprises.”
The leader designation from the IDC MarketScape on Endpoint STAP is the latest honor for the company. Carbon Black was recently named “Best Endpoint Detection and Response Solution” by security professionals in the SANS Institute Awards (2016); a “Leader” in the Forrester Research Inc. report, The Forrester Wave™: Endpoint Security Suites, Q4 2016; and a “Visionary” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) (2016).
Additionally, Carbon Black was the only vendor to secure a perfect prevention score in NSS Labs’ Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) test (2016).
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilises a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor’s position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About Carbon Black
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. With more than 9 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,000 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black Media Office
Tel: + 44 (0) 1189 497 750
Carbon Black Media Office
Tel: +44 (0) 118 949 7737
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.