NATIONAL DOUGHNUT WEEK 6TH – 13TH MAY 2017
The most delicious week of the year is fast approaching as the nation goes crazy for National Doughnut Week.
The week of fundraising has been running for 26 years, after being launched in 1991 by independent baker, Christopher Freeman. To get involved in the fun, simply purchase a delicious doughnut from a participating baker to raise money for The Children’s Trust, the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury.
Last year £22,783 was raised for the charity, with the help of 394 bakers, cafes and shops.
To prepare for you for the excitement, CSM has shared some its favourite crazy doughnut trends this year:
1. DOUGHNICORNS – Unicorn food is taking the nation by storm, with glitter, sprinkles and all things fantastical. These cute mythical doughnuts from @caperucitacupcakes are beautiful!
2. BOTANICAL INFUSIONS – 2017 is proving that savoury herbs and sweet things go hand in hand. Just check out these orange glazed doughnuts with sugared rosemary. Credit to http://www.lausundaycooks.com/delicious/orange-glased-doughn...
3. COOKIE DOUGH INDULGENCE – these doughnuts topped with fresh cookie dough are the ultimate dream. Thanks for the inspiration http://www.produceonparade.com/produce-on-parade/cookie-doug...
4. 3D CREATIONS – there’s a big trends for turning doughnuts into different shapes such as animals or other foods. These fruity doughnuts are great fun!
5. FREAKSHAKE MADNESS – everyone is going for mad for freakshakes, the ultimate in indulgence. And doughnuts are the perfect topper, why not create your own freakshake this National Doughnut Week using doughnuts from a participating baker? Thanks http://blog.lakeland.co.uk/freakshake/ for the photo!
For competitions, inspiration and delicious doughnuts follow National Doughnut Week on Facebook, @doughnutweek on Twitter and @nationaldoughnutweek on Instagram. #NationalDoughnutWeek
For more information visit the website National Doughnut Week
To find out more about The Children’s Trust visit www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk
For further information please contact Brazen on 0161 923 4994
NOTES TO EDITORS
National Doughnut Week was founded by independent baker Christopher Freeman in 1991. It has raised a total of £872,857 for children's charities. In 2005, The Children's Trust became the chosen charity and has received £372,583 from the event.
The Children's Trust is the UK's leading charity for children with brain injury. Every year we support thousands of children and families right across the country. We provide rehabilitation to help children make the best recovery possible after a serious accident or illness, both at our national specialist centre in Tadworth, Surrey and in the community. We run a special school for children with profound and multiple learning difficulties and provide transitional medical care to children with complex health needs. We have an extensive research programme and provide online support for families all over the UK.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Brazen PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.