Anandi, the Sleep Guru to Host Sleep Retreat in Devon
Anandi is a very spiritual lady. She has a way of teaching that encompasses everything. A truly special experience and journey
Anandi, the world-renowned Sleep Guru, will host a rejuvenating sleep retreat at the elegant Old Rectory in Chulmleigh set in the tranquil Devon countryside, from Thursday 9 - Monday 13 November 2017. Anandi will create a unique restorative experience using her own blend of yogic science, breath therapy and ancient Ayurvedic healing principles to help balance the mind, body and soul.
Visitors to the breath wellness retreat will be guided by Anandi in yoga practices and advanced meditation techniques such as ancient Indian Ayurvedic healing methods to restore wellbeing. Anandi, the author of ‘Breathe Better, Sleep Better’, will also demonstrate how using the breath as a tool to unwind can improve your health and vitality naturally and give you the gift of profound deep sleep.
A previous visitor to Anandi’s restorative breath wellness retreat in Italy, Katie Foster, described her experience as, “All in all fabulous. Anandi manages to combine extensive knowledge, skilful teaching techniques with warm and empathetic management of everything. Her generosity of spirit towards the whole group was remarkable.”
Another patron, Jane Corani, said, "Anandi is a very spiritual lady. She has a way of teaching that encompasses everything. A truly special experience and journey that I intend to continue.”
Anandi will be speaking at the Mindful Living Show on Saturday June 3 on the causes and effects of sleep deprivation. She will show how to use the breath as a tool for health, vitality and in particular sleep.
In addition to her rejuvenating retreats, Anandi also offers a natural solution to sleep problems with her personal sleep reviews.
The powerful process is aligned with Ayurvedic healing, a long respected natural therapy from India.
After battling her own insomnia for fifteen years, Anandi is acutely aware of the long-term effects sleep deprivation has on health. Unlike traditional methods, Anandi’s sleep reviews work to remove the cause of sleep disturbances rather than mask them. A personal sleep review is a step by step system that takes you through an easy process based on five principles. Anandi has developed this tried and tested solution over a period of five years.
Anandi’s top tips for a good night’s sleep are:
• Go to bed early and avoid technology for at least one hour before retiring.
• Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
• Lengthen and deepen the breath which calms the mind.
• A busy mind is never going to sleep well – a daily ritual that nurtures the soul is vital for deep sleep.
• Enjoy a nutritious diet with plenty of fruit and vegetables.
• Turn the lighting down low in the evening.
• Avoid heavy conversations before bed time.
• Keep your bedroom tidy and free of clutter.
• Aim for a minimum of seven hours of solid sleep per night.
Most people that are susceptible to bouts of insomnia, even if cured, will still have the odd restless night. Anandi suggests the following advice for getting through a sleepless night without the need to succumb to sleeping tablets.
• Break the cycle of frustration by getting up and make a small cup of chamomile tea. Don’t turn the computer on. Keep the lights low so your body does not think it’s time to get up.
• Breathe deeply, release the frustration and surrender to your bad night. Do this lying on a blanket on the floor with a pillow under your head and something under your knees so your back is relaxed. It will re-prepare you to go to bed and start again. When the breath meditation is finished, hum like a bumble bee for twenty-one breaths. The vibration you create with the sound of the bumble bee is extremely relaxing for the brain, releases negative emotions and stimulates serotonin.
• Get back into bed and repeat the following sleep mantra. This mantra is in the Sanskrit language which is based on vibration and is said to invoke sleep. The ancient yogis had various mantras for invoking different states, this one is for sleep. Om Agasthi Shahina (om Ah-gah ́-stee Shah-ee ́-nah). Repeat it softly, imagine it to be like the morning mist rising off a lake. Repeat it for as long as you feel comfortable or until you start to feel like you are dozing off.
For booking and further information on Anandi’s Sleep Retreat at The Old Rectory in Devon from 9 – 13 November 2017, please visit her website https://www.thesleepguru.co.uk/breath-wellness-retreat-9th-1....
Anandi’s Website: http://www.thesleepguru.co.uk/
Anandi’s Sleep Retreat: https://www.thesleepguru.co.uk/breath-wellness-retreat-9th-1...
The Old Rectory Website: https://theoldrectorychulmleigh.co.uk/
Breathe Better, Sleep Better on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathe-Better-Sleep-Guru-Anandi/dp...
The Mindful Living Show Website: http://mindfullivingshow.com
Anandi’s Sleep Reviews: http://www.thesleepguru.co.uk/work-with-me/personal-sleep-re...
We would be delighted to offer review copies of the book to journalists. For further information contact Mary-Jane Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 344 2341 or Tina Fotherby at email@example.com or 0333 344 2341.
About the Author
Anandi’s journey started in the fitness industry in 1986. A born leader and teacher, she found herself teaching others throughout her career in fitness, beauty and wellness. She now lives between Salisbury, England, and Macerata, Italy, and runs workshop and retreats in Italy and London.
“Anandi” is Alison Francis’ spiritual name given to her by her guru in India in 2007.
Her professional credentials are:
• Ayurveda Practitioner, approved by the International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine
• Ayurvedic consultant (American Institute of Vedic Studies, David Frawley)
• Qualified NLP instructor and hypnotherapist (David Shephard, Performance Partnership)
• Chopra-certified Primordial Sound Meditation Instructor (Deepak Chopra)
• Registered Senior Yoga Teacher (Approved by The Yoga Alliance)
• Continued study of Pranayama with Yogi Vishvketu
• Mentee of the late Georg Feuerstein, and graduate of 800hrs of yoga history and philosophy (Georg Feuerstein, Traditional Yoga Studies)
• ‘Teaching the teacher’ internship in India at Anand Prakresh Ashram (Yogi Vishvketu)
Anandi has a blog where she explains different methods and techniques to cure insomnia. The blog
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Anandi The Sleep Guru in the following categories: Men's Interest, Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.