Marlow, 24th October 2017 – NetDespatch, the leading parcel data management platform, has donated £5,000 to Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service in Maidenhead as part of the company’s ongoing commitment to donate a fixed percentage of its turnover to charitable causes.
Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice, which also recently received a visit from their Patron Prime Minister, Theresa May, was selected as one of the company’s supported charities following NetDespatch’s annual vote by employees.
Founded in 2007, the charities key aim is to provide a dedicated children's hospice service for all children with life limiting and life-threatening conditions in Berkshire and the surrounding counties. Voted Charity of the Year in 2016, at the Thames Valley Business Magazine Awards, Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service works in partnership with families and local hospitals to provide 'joined-up' support that benefits each and every family.
Samantha Collier, Corporate Fundraiser at Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service said: “We are absolutely thrilled to receive this kind donation from NetDespatch. The money will go directly towards helping to make life better for the children and their families we support”.
“Everyone just seemed so happy to support Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service and I feel immensely proud that our staff made the decision to donate money to a charity whose core value is to support ill children and their families.” Said Joy Strzelecki, Accountant at NetDespatch, who nominated the charity ahead of the vote.
“Over the years, we have supported a number of very deserving charities such as Air Ambulance and Blind Children UK. It’s great to work for an organisation that takes its corporate social responsibility seriously and we look forward to supporting other worthy causes in the future.”
NetDespatch is the leading SaaS parcel data management platform for postal and parcel carriers worldwide. Recognised as one of the top independent Cloud Computing providers in the UK, the platform currently enables carriers to provide more than 130,000 of their business customers with solutions to seamlessly integrate ecommerce websites, sales order processing and warehouse systems at point of despatch. Users can print the correct shipping labels, customs documentation and manifests, and automatically pre-advise their carrier of incoming parcels. For more information visit www.netdespatch.com. Or follow NetDespatch on Twitter @NetDespatch
About ALEXANDER DEVINE CHILDREN’S HOSPICE SERVICE
• John and Fiona Devine from Windsor set up Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service in memory of their extraordinary little boy who sadly passed away in early 2006 from a rare brain tumour, aged only 8 years old. Their personal experience, and subsequent extensive research, led them to realise that there was a vital need for a local children’s hospice service and hospice.
• The charity funds The Alexander Care Team (palliative children’s nurses, trained care worker, and play specialist) who support children aged 0-19 years with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions in their own homes across Berkshire and the bordering areas of surrounding counties. The charity is currently supporting over 100 children and their families.
• Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service began building a new children’s hospice in September 2015. This will be the first hospice for children in Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. The donated 6-acre site is in Woodlands Park, near Maidenhead, and is in an ideal location for families providing easy access from both the M4 and M40. The children’s hospice will provide respite, support, and emergency care and bereavement services in a home from home environment for children aged 0-19. The hospice is due to open to families in summer 2017 and will give families the choice of care for their child; in the hospice, at home or both.
• The charity launched a capital campaign in November 2013 to raise £5m towards the £6.8m build.
• Alexander Devine relies on the generosity and support of local communities to carry out the vital work that they do. All of the services are free of charge.
• Charity Details
Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service, Snowball Hill, Woodlands Park Avenue, Maidenhead,
Berkshire SL6 3LU
Tel: 0845 055 8276 www.alexanderdevine.org Reg. Charity No. 1118947
Patrons: Sir Michael Parkinson CBE, The Prime Minister The Rt. Hon Theresa May MP, Dr Sanjiv Mata,
Mr Nick Parkinson, Dr Andrew Boon BSc, MD, FRCP, FRCPCH, DCH, Dr Peter Sebire,
Air Marshal Sir Ian Macfadyen CB OBE RAF
Registered Office: 122 Tinkers lane, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 4LP. Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice
Service is the operation name of Alexander Devine Children’s Cancer Trust. A company limited by
guarantee registered in England and Wales No 5757493
+44 (0)118 949 7750
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Consumer Technology, Transport & Logistics, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.