Fulham Music Festival
At The North End Road Summer Market
Saturday 30 June 2018, 11am–5pm
North End Road, London SW6 1NW
nearest tube Fulham Broadway
Twitter: @NorthEndRdMrkt Facebook: northendrdmrkt
North End Road Summer Market plays host to some of London’s most talked about up and coming musicians in a one-day music festival that let’s you soak up those summer sounds whilst experiencing Fulham’s very own Battle of the Bands.
Performers confirmed so far include a number from the Fulham-based BIMM academy – British International Music – such as:
• A five-piece indie pop-rock band formed in London in late 2017. With vocal harmonies reminiscent of early Maroon 5 backed up by a rock-solid rhythm section and some classically influenced keyboards thrown in the mix.
• Singer-songwriter Levy was born and raised on a German island in the North Sea. Her songs, inspired by the likes of John Mayer, Susan Tedeschi and the Arctic Monkeys, are in the style of alternative pop/blues.
• Vietnamese-born Keyla started playing piano at the age of seven and since then has used this instrument to compose songs. The music she writes includes elements of other genres like latin and electronic music along with catchy melodies and lyrics.
• A six-musician line up, the group came together because of their shared love of soul, jazz and funk and all their modern interpretations, which they in turn convey in their music and unique sound.
• This country and Nashville influenced band formed at BIMM University where all of the members studied their crafts and chosen instruments at degree level. The boys very quickly got miles under their belts taking to the road for their UK tour last year.
• A Spanish singer, songwriter Maria’s style is pop mixed with R&B, dance and soul with Latin, Spanish and Arabic influences. Her songs and performances are influenced by her personality and her calling for empowerment, love and joy.
• A singer-songwriter who fuses contemporary jazz and soul with traditional pop to create a honey-sweet cocktail of tender vocals, ear-worm melodies and heart-on-sleeve lyrics. Her songs showcase her outstanding knack for simplifying the complex.
• Taking musical fusion in a new direction, Mango is a mix of psychedelic rock and progressive sounds packed full of sweltering fuzz guitars, hypnotic grooves and sonic waves of euphoria.
• A classic hard rock band with modern rock influences formed less than a year ago by four BIMM students with a rapidly growing fan base. Currently in 21st position of the most streamed London bands on reverb nation.
• An electronic band playing a mix of live and electronic instruments fusing soulful and more spoken word style vocals, in-depth story telling lyrics, break beats and samples in the style of Triphop and Downtempo Electronica.
• A Neo Soul - Electronic pop group combining epic and sweeping vocals, driving and rhythmic guitar lines, with a euphoric rhythmic sound. Lyra have been hard at work shaping a style and groove that can’t be ignored.
With cuisine from around the globe including Caribbean, Ethiopian, Filipino, Italian, Korean, Middle Eastern and Thai, the Summer Market offers plenty of tasty treats to enjoy alongside the music.
Start at one end and work your way down the street (that becomes a traffic free zone for the day) stopping off at stalls and shops packed with seasonal produce, fresh fruit and veg, arts & crafts and clothing.
For press enquiries please contact:
Sara Milne, North End Road Spring Market Press Office on 020 7736 4022 or email@example.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Clareville Communications in the following categories: Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.