Dating a super model, scoring the winning goal at Wembley and partying on a super yacht in the Med are among a list of things British men SECRETLY day dream about, according to a new study.
Researchers polled the nation’s dads and revealed as many as one in three still harbour fantasies of driving an F1 car, while 10 percent dream about headlining Glastonbury and one in five often think about winning big at a casino.
Shooting a hole-in-one on the golf course, buying a top of the range motorbike and attending the Super Bowl were also the desires of British fathers, while more than one in ten dream of making an “intimate” home movie.
Getting tickets to a World Cup final, flying a helicopter and doing a skydive were also on the bucket lists for dads, as was playing football for a Premier League club, diving with sharks and climbing Everest, the poll of 2,000 dads by PizzaExpress found.
In fact, the average father spends over three hours a week dreaming of having a cooler life and pining after the things they have “never done”.
A studious 24 percent of men wished they had learned a foreign language before settling down and 22 percent said their ultimate goal would be to own their own company.
Half of the males polled said they pine for a cooler, more exciting life – but the other half were more than happy with their lot.
In fact, a third of the men polled said having children made it harder to fulfil your dreams but an overwhelming 90 percent said nothing beats the feeling of being a dad.
Timothy Love, Senior Marketing Manager for PizzaExpress, which commissioned the story to launch their Never Have I Ever video campaign, said: “While our survey shows most dads regularly tell their family about their unfulfilled dreams, we wanted to give children the chance to find out what unexpected things their dads have got up to.”
To watch the full video, click here: https://www.facebook.com/pizzaexpress/videos/101564505754881...
Over half (58 percent) of Dads said they often talk about their outlandish plans with their family and the typical father has 35 things on his list that he still wants to do.
However it would seem romance is not dead – as the number one thing blokes want to do is take their partner on a trip of a lifetime and three in ten said they would love to take the whole family to Disney World for a once in a lifetime holiday.
Two-thirds of those polled said lack of money stopped them fulfilling their dreams and 22 percent complained they don’t have enough time off work to do all the things they want to do.
A green-eyed 12 percent said they are totally jealous of friends who are still unattached with no wife or kids but 21 percent said their friends are envious of them for having the idyllic family setup.
According to the research, 27 percent of Dads said they will start living the high life again when they reach retirement and 23 percent said they will go ‘all-out’ when the kids leave home.
A go-getting 34 percent reckon they be a good Dad and fulfil their dreams at the same time.
35 THINGS MODERN MEN DAY DREAM ABOUT DOING
1. Take your partner on the trip of a lifetime - 40 percent
2. Drive across America on Route 66 - 36 percent
3. Walk along the Great Wall of China - 36 percent
4. Drive an F1 car - 33 percent
5. Get tickets to the World Cup final - 31 percent
6. Learn to fly a plane - 29 percent
7. Take the whole family to Disney - 29 percent
8. Travel into space - 28 percent
9. Fly a helicopter - 27 percent
10. Be an extra in a film - 26 percent
11. Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge - 25 percent
12. Score a goal at Wembley - 24 percent
13. Learn a foreign language - 24 percent
14. Scuba dive off the Great Barrier Reef - 23 percent
15. Own your own company - 22 percent
16. Play for a Premiership football club - 22 percent
17. Do a skydive - 21 percent
18. Party on a super yacht - 21 percent
19. Buy your partner diamonds - 20 percent
20. Commission a private jet - 19 percent
21. Throw an incredible party for all your friends and family - 19 percent
22. Win big in a casino - 19 percent
23. Fly a glider - 17 percent
24. Dive with sharks - 17 percent
25. Climb Everest - 16 percent
26. Go to the Super Bowl - 15 percent
27. Date a super model - 15 percent
28. Do a bungee jump - 15 percent
29. Join an expedition across the Antarctic - 15 percent
30. Attend a red carpet event - 14 percent
31. Go white water rafting - 14 percent
32. Run in the London Marathon - 14 percent
33. Get a hole in one - 13 percent
34. Buy a motorbike - 13 percent
35. Make an “intimate” home movie - 12 percent
Contact email@example.com for more details
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of GingerComms in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, Motoring, Food & Drink, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.