Follow Suit and Wear a Waistcoat with Walkabout
Walkabout launches national ‘Wear a Waistcoat’ week
Honour sartorial Southgate for your chance to win!
So far we’ve seen nine goals for England and twenty four countries exit stage left, but there are still Three Lions… and only one Gareth Southgate!
At top sports bar, Walkabout, tens of thousands have followed every kick of the tournament and with 774 burgers enjoyed and 47,445 pints served to over 25,000 people for the Columbia game alone, there is no better place to enjoy this weekend’s quarter final match.
As England prepare to face Sweden, Walkabout is asking its customers nationwide to honour the man whose leadership has seen our national side finally win on penalties by wearing a waistcoat to watch this Saturday’s game. And not only that, they’ve officially registered ‘National Wear a Waistcoat Week’ to encourage others to do the same, showing very visibly how much support is behind our national side.
Running from Saturday 7th until Friday 13 July, fans are being encouraged to head on down to Walkabout wearing their waist coat and uploading a picture to social feeds for the chance to win a VIP experience to the final with your very own booth, with a food and drink extravaganza and your own personal Walkabout World Cup replica trophy.
A spokesperson from Walkabout said: “We’ve been delighted by how many England fans have adopted Walkabout as their home for the football. Sure, it was a shame to see the Socceroos leave the competition at the group stages but now we’re throwing our full support behind England. Gareth Southgate has reenergized English football, as anyone who’s been to a Walkabout to watch a match will tell you! We think it’s right that people put on a waistcoat and enjoy a discounted drink in his honour.”
Join in the conversation:
Notes to editors:
For further information or to arrange a review at your local Walkabout contact: Tom, Sam, Philly or Grace at Lucre: email@example.com 0113 243 1117/020 8741 5900
About Stonegate Pub Company:
Stonegate Pub Company is the largest privately held managed pub operator in the UK, with revenues in excess of £625 million, employing circa 14,000 people. The company has 692 pubs, split into two divisions, Branded, comprising: Slug & Lettuce, Yates, Walkabout, Common Room and Venues; and Traditional comprising: Proper Pubs, Town Pub & Kitchen, Classic Inns.
Our ‘bar to boardroom' training ethos has resulted in the following national awards, including:
• Best Managed Pub Company (51+ sites) – Publican Awards 2017
• Best Late Night Operator – Publican Awards 2017
• Highly Commended Best Employer
• Winner of the Premium High Street Pub Award for Town Pub & Kitchen - Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS) 2017
• Investor of the Year (TDR Capital) - Retailers’ Retailer Awards 2017
• Best Managed Company for Training (More than 30 outlets) BII National Industry Training Awards 2016
• Lifetime Achievement Award for Ian Payne – BII National Industry Training Awards 2016
• Best Learning & Development Strategy – HR Excellence Awards 2016
• Distinction in Innovation for digital and social media – HR distinction Awards 2016
• Distinction in People Development – HR Distinction Awards 2015
• Distinction in Innovative Use of Technology Award – HR Distinction Awards 2014
• Business Leader of the Year for Ian Payne – Publican Awards 2014
• Best Pub Employer (51+ sites) – Publican Awards 2013
• Menu Masters Award for Best New Concept category for Missoula, Montana Bar & Grill at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2014
• Menu Masters Award for City and Bar Dining category for Slug and Lettuce at the Menu Innovation and Development Awards (MIDAS) 2013
• Winner of the Town and City category for Yates’s in the Menu Innovation and Development Award (MIDAS) in 2012
• MA 250 Best Training Programme award in 2012 – Publican’s Morning AdvertiseFo
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Lucre Marketing Ltd in the following categories: Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Sport, Food & Drink, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.