Need a digital detox? Holidaycottages.co.uk reveals how (and where) to take time off from your tech.
Holidaycottages.co.uk has explored the most relaxing places to let go of your digital devices and enjoy the great outdoors.
- Holidaycottages.co.uk has conducted a survey to learn about the role technology plays in the lives of people across the UK.
- Phones, computers and tablets are increasingly taking over our lives, with the average person checking their phone 200 times a day and over 25% of respondents doing so every 10-30 minutes.
- People aged 25-44 spend the most time on their phones.
- Holidaycottages.co.uk’s new interactive guide details the process of digitally detoxing, sharing with readers how, why and where to do this.
In our busy 21st century lives, we use digital technology for nearly everything we do. Texting, emailing and tweeting on the move have become the daily norm for most of us, and recent studies suggest this is having a damaging effect on our health and wellbeing.
As evidenced by research from travel experts holidaycottages.co.uk however, a new trend is emerging involving digital detoxing: switching off technology and enjoying a break from the digital world. Holidaycottages.co.uk’s survey results show that people are aware of their overconsumption and would like to cut down, with a large majority (72%) saying they would like to do a digital detox.
People from the North East of England are the most enthusiastic about doing a digital detox, along with 25-34 year-olds from around the country, which is interesting given that they are also the biggest phone users. This means that the largest demographic of phone users could soon become the biggest group of digital detoxers!
Here are the top three places where people would like to take part in a digital detox, according to this survey:
1. The beach - complete with fresh air and vitamin D, the beach is the ideal location for anyone looking to relax and unwind.
2. The mountains - If you’re feeling stressed, a mountain hike is just what the doctor ordered!
3. The secluded countryside - being completely cut off and in the countryside means you can leave stress behind and focus your mind on nature.
Holidaycottages.co.uk has gathered information from experts on the topic of digitally detoxing - from psychologists to life coaches to bloggers who spend their lives online, and have shared some great ideas on what to do whilst digitally detoxing in a brand new interactive guide. This piece is sure to inspire readers to consider taking their own break from technology.
James Morris, CEO of holidaycottages.co.uk, says: “With the growing presence of phones, Wi-Fi and technology taking over our everyday lives, it’s become more difficult than ever to escape from the world. But sometimes we need to take some time out for ourselves and enjoy the moment without any interference, and taking a digital detox is a great way to do this.
“The stats really opened our eyes to how much we rely on technology and how going without it makes us feel. With our guide, we hope to help people switch off for a while, relax and simply enjoy what’s going on in front of them.”
About Holiday Cottages:
An award-winning national business, holidaycottages.co.uk specialises in letting holiday properties across the UK. With over 4,500 properties in the collection with everything from cosy barn conversions on working farms, to grand mansions sleeping large numbers of guests.
Our data has come from reliable sources. We used survey data to understand people’s desire to digital detox.
Please refer to holidaycottages.co.uk’s interactive guide for further information.
In our media pack you can find high res images, data and quotes.
Please credit this research to holidaycottages.co.uk.
For media enquiries please contact: Gemma Carmichael at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 20 7242 0142.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Re:Signal in the following categories: Health, Leisure & Hobbies, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.