From over 54,000 locations that were recommended worldwide, 30 British places made the top 100 list
● A pub in East London, cafes in Brighton and walks in Scotland and Cornwall top the list
● Pet lovers from 130 countries took part
● TrustedHousesitters, the world’s largest house and pet sitting company compiled the data over two years
The Camel Pub in Bethnal Green is the most recommended pub for pets, Brighton has the most dog-friendly cafes and the Eden Project is the best place to walk a four-legged friend, according to a list of the 100 most pet-friendly places in the world*, recommended by more than ten thousand of members of TrustedHousesitters.com.
"From over 54,000 locations that were recommended worldwide, 30 British places made the top 100 list", making the UK the most pet-friendly place in the world, followed by the USA with 26 locations and Australia with 20. Australia took the top spot for the world’s most pet-friendly beaches, while Portobello Beach in Edinburgh received the most recommendations in the UK.
When it comes to a fun day out with your dog, Britain led the way for having more pet-friendly outdoor attractions than any other country, with sites like Glastonbury Tor, the Cerne Abbas Giant and Newbattle Abbey in Scotland, which were the most highly recommended for dog walkers. The UK also came first for pet-friendly cafes, most of which – including Small Batch Coffee which welcomes dogs, cats and a friendly ferret – can be found in Brighton.
Peter Stewart, Executive Director of Outreach and Development at the Eden Project said: "What an honour to be named the world’s top destination for dog walking. We know that dogs are a big part of the family and we're pleased to welcome many thousands of four-legged friends of all shapes and sizes to the Eden Project to enjoy the miles of paths we have around our gardens. Many people bring their dogs on holiday with them and appreciate being able to take them on days out. Likewise, we have many local visitors who love to use Eden as a place to bring their dog. We offer a friendly and safe environment for all our visitors and dogs so everyone can enjoy our great outdoor gardens."
Debbie Connor, owner of The Camel pub was delighted to hear they had made the list, and explained her pub is welcoming of cats as well as dogs: “We’re a really pet friendly pub, we’re near parks with lots of outdoor seating. Dogs and cats are very welcome inside and we always offer them bowls of water. My cats are called Pie and Steve and Steve particularly loves dogs. There was a bulldog under the table the other day and Steve went to sit with him and drink out of his bowl, we have a really friendly animal and human community.”
Tim Lyons, Managing Director of TrustedHousesitters said: “For the past two years, we’ve logged thousands of recommendations given to us about the world’s most pet-friendly places and a handful of countries, including the UK, USA and Australia are really leading the way with their pet-friendly parks, restaurants and attractions. It is great to see The Eden Project at number one globally for walks, followed by Lake Merritt and Piedmont Park in the US.”
The house and pet sitting site created its top 100 list after animal lovers in 130 countries shared their favourite pet-friendly destinations. The list has been released to celebrate the launch of the new TrustedHousesitters app, which goes live today, making it even easier to connect with caring, verified house and pet sitters who are willing to take care of pets for free, helping more owners to travel more often with greater peace of mind.
Available on the App Store, the TrustedHousesitters app is free to download and enables owners and sitters to connect and stay in touch, making the most of local points of interest and places to walk pets – no matter where they are in the world.
To see the full list of the 100 most pet-friendly places in the world visit our web page
In order of their global ranking, the most pet-friendly British places include:
1. The Eden Project, Cornwall (world #1)
2. Watercress Line, Hampshire (world #4)
3. Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall (world #6)
4. Lake Vyrnwy, Wales (world #13)
5. Avebury Monument, Wiltshire (world #14)
6. Gail’s Bakery, Hove (world #17)
7. Scone Palace, Perth, Scotland (world #20)
8. The Bay Cafe, Weston-super-Mare (world #22)
9. Springfield Mill, Midlothian, Scotland (world #23)
10. Brimham Rocks, Yorkshire (world #24)
11. Cerne Abbas Giant, Dorset (world #27)
12. Foxton Locks, Market Harborough (world #32)
13. Baker & Graze, Gloucestershire (world #34)
14. Loch Ness, Scotland (world #35)
15. Newbattle Abbey, Midlothian, Scotland (world #37)
16. Flour Pot Bakery, Brighton (world #47)
17. Portobello Beach, Edinburgh, Scotland (world #51)
18. Brickwood Coffee & Bread, London (world #52)
19. Glastonbury Tor (world #53)
20. Trentham Gardens, Stoke-On-Trent (world #54)
21. Bluebird Café, Ferring (world #55)
22. Charlestown Shipwreck, Cornwall (world #58)
23. Small Batch Coffee, Brighton (world #60)
24. The Helix, Falkirk, Scotland (world #63)
25. The Camel Public House London (world #65)
26. Castle Drogo, Devon (#68)
27. Sips & Bites, London (world #69)
28. Lynwood & Co, Lechlade (world #72)
29. Alexandra Nurseries, Penge (world #78)
30. Cragg Sisters Tearoom, Suffolk (world #89)
Ten most pet-pleasing places in the world:
1. The Eden Project, Cornwall, UK
2. Lake Merritt, Oakland, USA
3. Piedmont Park, Piedmont, USA
4. Watercress Line, Hampshire, UK
5. Cashmere Hill Lookout, Victoria Park, New Zealand
6. Lost Gardens of Heligan, St. Austell, UK
7. South Bank, Brisbane, Australia
8. Verteuil-sur-Charente, France
9. Mission Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
10. Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paolo Brazil
For further information contact:
Mobile: +44 (0)7917 700017
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Trustedhousesitters Ltd in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Travel, Media & Marketing, Farming & Animals, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.