It’s absolutely thrilling to see the momentum of the Cloud Foundry ecosystem accelerate across the globe
Cloud Foundry Foundation, home of a family of open source projects including Cloud Foundry Application Runtime, Cloud Foundry Container Runtime and Cloud Foundry BOSH, opened its European Cloud Foundry Summit in Basel, Switzerland today, with news from organizations including CGI, evoila, Grape Up, Huawei, IBM, ITQ, Pivotal, Snyk, Stark & Wayne, SUSE and Swisscom in addition to the Foundation’s official launch of its Certified Systems Integrator Program. The 2018 European Summit is taking place today through October 11 and is supported by Platinum sponsors Dynatrace, Pivotal, SAP and Swisscom.
“Our members continue to astound me with new innovations around Cloud Foundry. It’s absolutely thrilling to see the momentum of the Cloud Foundry ecosystem accelerate across the globe -- to Europe, where we’re hosting a sold-out Summit, and of course to China, where Cloud Foundry is powering the country’s first industrial internet platform,” said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “Our new Certified Systems Integrator Program recognizes the engagement of our committed community while enriching the experience of using The Foundry, the largest open source marketplace in existence, for everyone involved.”
Foundation news includes:
The Foundation announced the Cloud Foundry Certified Systems Integrator program, designed to help Systems Integrators (SIs), consultancies and professional services organizations highlight their expertise working with the Cloud Foundry family of technologies. These organizations have demonstrated contributions to the Cloud Foundry community through contributing code, hosting meetups, public marketing of the platform, Foundation membership and more. For more certification requirements, please visit the Certified SI webpage. Cloud Foundry Certified SIs will receive the following benefits:
Top-level visibility in The Foundry, the largest open source marketplace in existence
An official Cloud Foundry Certified SI badge to use in their marketing material
Reseller discounts for Cloud Foundry Certified Developer exams
The Foundation also announced two new projects -- Eirini and CF Containerization -- have been accepted as incubating projects by the Project Management Committees (PMCs), which oversee platform engineering of the open source projects, in order to further the interoperability of Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes.
Additionally, the Foundation announced that Cloud Foundry technologies are powering INDICS, China’s first industrial internet platform. Launched by CASICCloud, a subsidiary of China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation, INDICS is currently the only industrial cloud platform in China that provides smart, collaborative and cloud-based manufacturing. Cloud Foundry has been instrumental in the development of INDICS and will continue to be the engine driving China’s manufacturing industry towards complete digitization.
Finally, the Foundation announced HCL Technologies has joined as a Gold member. HCL is a Systems Integrator in the Cloud Foundry ecosystem with a global network of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies.
Foundation member news includes:
- CGI announced it has received the 2018 Partner Award for “Systems Integrator of the Year for Platform Scale” presented by Pivotal Software Inc. CGI drives platform adoption and supports legacy transformation at scale by integrating the Cloud Foundry platform into the CGI IT modernization approach.
- evoila announced the release of new Service Brokers, expanding its service catalog. The newly offered services include OSB Autoscaler, an application autoscaler; OSB Log Metric, a logging framework allowing easy and in-depth monitoring of applications; and OSB CouchDB, a CouchDB service broker capable of shared and dedicated deployments.
- Grape Up announced the upcoming launch of its open cloud platform Cloudboostr, an integrated stack of open source technologies, including Cloud Foundry Application Runtime and Cloud Foundry Container Runtime fused together to allow companies to run any workload in the cloud and unlock their full potential. Businesses of all sizes can now enjoy an error-free environment thanks to the ready-to-use templates, proven architectural patterns, and cloud best practices.
- Huawei announced Huawei Cloud has become one of Cloud Foundry's infrastructure providers. By creating a Cloud Provider Interface (CPI) for Cloud Foundry BOSH, users can now run the Cloud Foundry Application Runtime (CFAR) and other BOSH deployable workloads. Huawei Cloud is a stable, secure and sustainable cloud platform, offering a comprehensive suite of online cloud computing and AI services to power its customers’ business.
- IBM announced the general availability of IBM Cloud Foundry Enterprise Environment, which allows users to create and manage isolated Cloud Foundry environments for hosting applications exclusively for their organizations. It provides on-demand, self-service provisioning, elastic consumption and complete access to administrative capabilities.
- ITQ announced it is bringing Cloud Foundry and BOSH to the ARM64 platform, enabling workloads to run on more cost- and power-efficient enterprise-grade servers such as the Cavium ThunderX line.
- Pivotal announced it is incorporating the Cloud Foundry Foundation’s Cloud Foundry for Developers course and the Cloud Foundry Certified Developer certification program into its professional training and certification programs. Additionally, Pivotal has announced it will donate a newly developed Cloud Foundry BOSH course to the Cloud Foundry Foundation
- Snyk announced it is launching a free-tier version of its container vulnerability management solution in general availability. Snyk’s container vulnerability management solution allows developers to scan, find and fix vulnerabilities in their Docker container images, empowering developers to fully own the security of their Dockerized applications.
- Stark & Wayne announced a multi-tiered cloud solution to ensure client success by eliminating the problem of keeping their platforms upgraded and maintained. This solution will reduce requests for platform support while saving clients time and money.
- SUSE announced a new Kubernetes-native implementation of the popular Cloud Foundry development model is coming to SUSE Cloud Application Platform, advancing the company’s drive to help enterprises accelerate application delivery, speed innovation and increase business agility. SUSE is committed to including technology from open source Project Eirini that allows Kubernetes to be used as the container orchestration engine for deploying and managing applications through Cloud Foundry.
- Swisscom announced new Container Services with Kubernetes based on Pivotal Container Service (PKS), allowing users to leverage a 100% native Kubernetes interface and tooling. This is an addition to its cloud portfolio as the next evolutionary step after virtual machines for today's IaaS customers and has a positive effect on efficiency and productivity in operations and software development.
More than 1,000 enterprise developers, architects, engineers and executives from around the world are expected to attend the Basel Summit. Attendees will learn about Cloud Foundry from those who build and use it every day. They will join other developers, end users and CIOs to gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry roadmaps, training and tutorials, and to see how others are using Cloud Foundry to support continuous innovation and application portability.
On Thursday, Cloud Foundry Foundation will host its fourth annual European diversity luncheon at Summit, which will include a screening of an episode from the docuseries The Chasing Grace Project, written and directed by Jennifer Cloer, co-founder of Wicked Flicks Productions. Registration for the luncheon is still available.
Tuesday’s Hackathon winners will be announced on-stage during Thursday morning keynotes. The winning Hackathon team from the 2018 Boston Summit will join Chip Childers on-stage during keynotes to discuss their project and are featured in the Experiments & Extensions track.
Find the full schedule here.
Cloud Foundry is an open source technology backed by the largest technology companies in the world, including Cisco, Dell EMC, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft, Pivotal, SAP and SUSE, and is being used by leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard platform for cloud applications. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications. Cloud Foundry is hosted by The Linux Foundation and is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Martha de Monclin
T: +44 (0)777 168 2434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Bijou PR - Martha Thierion de Monclin in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.