Our Arbor range takes this to a new level, reducing carbon emissions further and making wooden fixtures an attractive offering
• Arbor range designed to further lower carbon footprint of new UK lighting projects - by up to 40%
• Products combine next-generation LED technologies with sustainable wooden columns
LONDON: Urbis Schréder, the leading UK manufacturer of exterior LED lighting solutions, today announces the launch of its new Arbor range – a series of products designed to improve sustainability and lower the carbon footprint of new LED lighting installations.
LED technology has long been considered the most energy-efficient form of lighting. Following the signing of the Paris Agreement, 195 countries worldwide are seeking new ways to reduce carbon emissions and limit the effects of global warming. LED lanterns, which drastically reduce energy consumption, are estimated to make up 61 percent of the global lighting industry by 2020 - as more local authorities, municipalities and private organisations invest in energy-efficient technology*.
By using sustainable materials – such as wood – to manufacture lighting columns, carbon dioxide emissions across the entire product development cycle can be reduced further by up to 40 per cent**. The Arbor range combines durable and environmentally-friendly wooden columns with high-performing LED luminaires and is comprised of three products:
• Quersus: Featuring a single dome-shaped lantern inspired by the Jingasa hat worn by the Samurai, Quersus uses the LensoFlex®2 photometric engine to improve visual comfort and reduce light pollution.
• Abiete: Using a flat, rectangular luminaire, the Abiete has been engineered to improve visibility in areas with high footfall. Available as both a single or double lantern fixture, Abiete is composed of modular quantities of LEDs so that it can offer a wide range of lumen packages.
• Betula: Available as both a single or double lantern fixture, the product features a rounded luminaire, powered by the LensoFlex®3 engine - minimising glare and providing highly efficient light distributions.
When treated correctly, wooden lighting columns have a lifespan of up to 30 years – longer than some metal columns – and are resistant to weathering.
Every product in the Arbor range will feature a wooden column (choice of three colour variants) sustainably sourced from a forest in Finland – ensuring all materials adhere to rigorous PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) specifications.
Phil Gray, Regional Sales Manager at Urbis Schréder commented: “LED luminaires have significantly reduced energy consumption for lighting projects across the UK. Our Arbor range takes this to a new level, reducing carbon emissions further and making wooden fixtures an attractive offering for organisations looking to invest in an eye-catching, environmentally-friendly lighting network.
“We are already seeing an increasing demand for natural finishes that complement the surrounding landscape – having installed our wooden products in locations such as Bournemouth and Ascot to great effect.”
To find out more about the new Arbor range of products, please call 01256 354446 or visit www.schrederled.co.uk/arbor
*As taken from the Clean Energy report by Goldman Sachs, 2012
**According to research conducted by wooden column manufacturer, Tehomet – a subsidiary of Valmont
About Urbis Schréder:
Urbis Schréder has been providing high quality lighting products since 1977 and has grown to be one of the UK’s largest suppliers of street lighting and exterior decorative lighting equipment. Urbis Schréder works in partnership with customers, creating the perfect balance of efficiency, connectivity and performance to deliver stunning projects that go far beyond simple lighting.
Technical quality and aesthetic design are at the heart of the company’s philosophy and coupled with its customer focussed work ethic, this has led Urbis Schréder to develop the most cost effective, energy efficient exterior lighting innovations on the market today.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of XL Communications in the following categories: Environment & Nature, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Construction & Property, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.