• New poll of more than 1,600 people commissioned by myLotto24.co.uk ahead of Blue Monday
• Nineteen times more men than women said best way to beat the January blues is to have an affair or one-night stand
• 50% more women than men said their preferred blues-beater is to eat chocolate
• Booking a holiday, eating chocolate or going to the gym are the top three choices for beating the January blues
• Twitter users are more likely than Facebook users to have a one-night stand
Booking a holiday, eating chocolate or going to the gym are Brits’ best ways of beating the January blues, a new poll of more than 1,600 British adults has found.
The poll, commissioned by online lottery betting operator, myLotto24, was carried out ahead of Blue Monday – widely considered to be the most depressing day of the year – which falls on 21st January 2019.
The findings appear to confirm that the old stereotypes have not disappeared. Nineteen times more men than women said best way to beat the January blues is to have an affair or one-night stand (6.8% vs 0.35% respondents), while 50% more women than men said their preferred blues-beater is to eat chocolate (18.03% vs 12.5% respondents).
Overall, Brits said their top 5 ways to beat the blues were to:
• Book a holiday – 37.7%
• Eat Chocolate – 15.7%
• Go to the gym or do some exercise – 12.1%
• Go on an online shopping spree – 7.3%
• Get a dog – 5.1%
Other interesting findings, included:
• Twitter users are more likely than Facebook users to have a one-night stand (8% vs 3%)
• 18-24 year olds are least likely to go to the gym or book a holiday, but most likely to get a dog, gossip about people they don’t like, or book a pampering session
• Dog owners are the most likely to listen to cheesy music as their antidote (5%)
• Middle-range supermarket (Tesco, etc) shoppers the least likely to break their diets but the most likely to avoid the gym
Shenaly Amin, myLotto24 UK Country Manager, said: “People dreaming of sun, sand and sex might be unsurprising, but who knew that getting a dog could be such a blues beater? Whether it’s gorging on chocolate, pumping iron, or buying a new wardrobe, you’ll need dosh to do it. We have £200 million available to win right now at myLotto24. That’s enough to buy your own holiday island, a chocolate factory or a whole chain of gyms!”
myLotto24.co.uk gives people the opportunity to win life-changing amounts of money by betting on international lotteries. myLotto24 promises to match the jackpots from lotteries such as US sensations, Powerball and Megamillions.
0203 666 6112
Notes to Editor:
• The poll was carried out on January 16th 2019, using the newly launched rapid polling tool, Findoutnow.co.uk,
• There were 1,630 adult respondents (18 – 55+)
• The age breakdown of respondents, was:
o 18 – 24 year olds – 2%
o 25 – 34 year olds – 13%
o 35 – 54 year olds – 30%
o 55+ year olds – 25%
o Not disclosed – 30%
• The gender split of respondents was:
o Male - 28%
o Female - 53%
o Not disclosed - 19%
• myLotto24 is fully licensed in Great Britain and Ireland, and has more than 3 million customers globally.
• myLotto24, invented the concept of jackpot-matching online lottery betting. It has generated stakes of more than €3 billion and paid out more than €1.5 billion in winnings.
• In 2015, myLotto24 made a life-changing payment of €48 million to a customer – the then world record for the single largest lottery betting payout.
• myLotto24 currently provides betting on the outcome of different international lotteries to UK customers; Irish National Lottery, Cash4Life, EuroJackpot, German Lottery and El Gordo.
• myLotto24 is affiliated to the stock-market listed ZEAL Network SE (ZEAL Group).
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of ZEAL Group in the following categories: Men's Interest, Leisure & Hobbies, Women's Interest & Beauty, Sport, Food & Drink, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.