• New SPOT X GPS Messenger features two-way SMS and email for reliable safety and communications
• Small, rugged device set to appeal to hikers, sailors, cyclists and other outdoor enthusiasts
• Globalstar introduces flexible monthly price plans for SPOT X seasonal users
• SPOT devices credited with over 6,200 rescue callouts to date including over 300 in EMENA
• SPOT X’s European debut will be on stand A1 525 at ISPO Munich 2019
Dublin, Ireland, January 23rd, 2019 – Globalstar Europe Satellite Services Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar Inc. and the leader in satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies, today announced that its SPOT X two-way satellite communications device is now available in Europe and North Africa.
The latest generation of the popular SPOT family of products, SPOT X offers full two-way SMS and email as well as GPS tracking and a one-touch SOS button that instantly sends the user’s GPS location to the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Centre (IERCC) over Globalstar’s reliable satellite network. The IERCC then transmits details to local first responders to dispatch help to user’s precise location.
SPOT X is the only satellite messenger on the market to give users a permanent phone number, easy check-in function and a full, backlit QWERTY keypad for intuitive typing. SPOT X also offers the industry’s longest battery life in both tracking and SOS modes and is priced competitively.
SPOT X enables users to stay connected with emergency services, colleagues, friends and family even when beyond the mobile network. It features:
• TEXT AND EMAIL – Send and receive 140-character text messages and short emails with any mobile phone number or email address
• LONG-LASTING BATTERY LIFE – rechargeable Lithium battery averages a battery life of 10 days when tracking at 10-minute intervals
• COMPACT – lightweight at 198g, 166mm length x 74mm width x 44mm depth
• KEYBOARD AND DISPLAY – Easy to use illuminated QWERTY keyboard that is usable in any light setting plus 69mm backlit display
• RUGGED – Impact, dustproof and water resistant (IP67)
• SOS – Direct two-way text communication with search and rescue services
• TRACK – Tracks progress at intervals of 2 ½, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes and shares location on Google Maps
• CHECK IN – Sends contacts an OK message with a single push of a button
• POST TO SOCIAL – Link your accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go
• COMPASS – Built-in compass and waypoints aid navigation
• ELEVATION – Includes altitude in messages
“My style is solo, remote and turbulent. SPOT is my wingman through the impossible path and the guiding light for my family to follow,” said Charlie Head who has circumnavigated England and Wales on a stand-up paddle board to raise awareness for mental health. “One of the stand out features of SPOT X is its two-way communications that will make it easy to keep in touch with search and rescue during an emergency.”
“We believe that many individuals who already rely on SPOT to deliver added safety for their outdoor pursuits and adventures will be keen to take advantage of the new two-way communications options enabled by SPOT X,” said David Phipps, Managing Director of specialist distributor, Global Telesat Communications.
“SPOT X is a true game-changer for any outdoor enthusiast who goes into the mountains, out to sea or just in rural areas with patchy mobile networks,” said Mark O’Connell, General Manager of Globalstar EMENA. “As a growing number of adventurers undertake ever more extreme adventures, SPOT X’s unique features including a backlit keyboard, a personal mobile phone number and long battery life will help keep them safe.”
The SPOT X device retails at €299 (excl. VAT) with flexible monthly payment service plans starting from just €14.95 per month for seasonal users or just €11.95 per month for annual service plans. More pricing and coverage details are available at FindMeSPOT.eu.
SPOT LLC, a subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc., provides affordable satellite communication and tracking devices for recreational use. SPOT Global Phone uses the Globalstar network to transmit two-way voice and data communications. SPOT messaging devices use both the GPS satellite network and the Globalstar network to transmit text messages and GPS coordinates. Since 2007, SPOT has provided peace of mind by allowing customers to remain in contact completely independent of cellular coverage, having initiated over 6,200 rescue callouts worldwide. For more information, visit FindMeSPOT.com.
Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of SPOT LLC, which is not affiliated in any manner with Spot Image of Toulouse, France or Spot Image Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia. SPOT Connect is a trademark of Spot LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For media information, please contact:
Globalstar Europe Satellite Services Ltd.
White Tiger Communications
+44 7949 883636
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of White Tiger Communications in the following categories: Men's Interest, Sport, Consumer Technology, Travel, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.