If you’re looking to be a better cloud native developer or join an engaged community, this is the event for you
Cloud Foundry Foundation, home to a family of interoperable open source projects for the enterprise, announced today that anynines, Daimler AG, Pivotal, Rijkswaterstaat and Zipcar, among others, will take center stage at the annual European Summit in The Hague, The Netherlands, September 11-12, 2019.
Cloud Foundry Europe Summit is the continent’s key event for developers who use and build the platform to interface in person and share their knowledge with CIOs, operators, and other IT professionals exploring cloud native technologies.
“Cloud Foundry has the best developer experience available today. If you’re looking to be a better cloud native developer or join an engaged community, this is the event for you,” said Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation. “Our European event consistently brings together a tight-knit and growing group of technical professionals committed to the easiest possible developer experience with the highest possible business value. It’s a privilege to be a part of this community.”
Sponsored by Pivotal at the Diamond level, the 2019 European Summit in The Hague primarily serves as a forum for technology providers and end users to connect and see how others are using Cloud Foundry to make their developers more efficient while supporting continuous innovation and application portability. Attendees will also gain first-hand access to Cloud Foundry roadmaps, training and tutorials.
- Raquel Breternitz, Senior Designer, Pivotal will speak on the importance of accessibility in open source development.
- Chip Childers, CTO, Cloud Foundry Foundation will share innovations and improvements to the Cloud Foundry projects over the past year and more on the project roadmap for 2019.
- Abby Kearns, Executive Director, Cloud Foundry Foundation will speak on how adaptation is more important than adoption when it comes to digital transformation.
- Thomas Müller, PCF Platform Product Owner, Daimler AG will discuss the adoption of Cloud Foundry and the ecosystem.
- James Urquhart, Global Field CTO, Pivotal will talk about the value of Cloud Foundry being the pipeline of code to production.
Additional keynotes will be announced in the coming months.
The Foundation is proud to note that two speakers in the breakout tracks are former recipients of the Cloud Foundry Diversity Scholarship. Cloud Foundry Foundation’s scholarship program provides support to traditionally underrepresented and/or marginalized persons in the technology and/or open source communities. The Diversity Luncheon will take place on Thursday, September 12th, on-site at Summit.
Breakout talks include:
CF 101 Talks:
- Cloud Foundry in Simple Terms: A Beginner's Journey: Gloria Dwomoh, Cloud Foundry Diversity Scholar
- Deploy Your First Application to Cloud Foundry: Dr. Nic Williams, Stark & Wayne
CF for Developers (sponsored by Pivotal):
- Microservices, Events, and Breaking the Data Monolith with Kafka: Ben Stopford, Confluent & Cornelia Davis, Pivotal
- Achieving Scale to Zero and Back Again with Cloud Foundry: Bo Yang, IBM & Silvestre Zabala, SAP
CF for Operators:
- Beyond 1000 BOSH Deployments: Sven Schmidt, anynines
- Implementing the Schedulers: A Look at the Internals of Diego and Eirini: Nima Kaviani, IBM & Oleksandr Slynko, Pivotal
CF User Stories:
- #BuildingTheFuture: Keeping our Dutch Feet Dry: Setup and Operation of a Mission Critical Cloud Foundry Environment: Onno Brouwer, Rijkswaterstaat
- Quarks - New Building Blocks for Deploying on Kubernetes: Rohit Sakala, SUSE & Enrique Encalada, IBM
- Bosh Vault: Secretless Bosh Manifests and Vault: Matt Surabian, Zipcar
- Eirinix - Writing Extensions for Eirini: Vlad Iovanov & Ettore Di Giacinto, SUSE
-"Cube" Your Enthusiasm: Bringing Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes Together with Project Eirini: Julz Friedman & Julz Skupnjak, IBM
Pre-Summit activities on September 10th include:
- Contributor Summit, a full day event preceding the Summit, for new and current contributors to connect face-to-face and share feedback.
- User Day, a half-day event preceding the Summit, created exclusively for Cloud Foundry end users to talk shop and trade best practices.
- Unconference, a community-led event for the Cloud Foundry community held the evening prior to Summit.
- A free Hackathon for developers. First place winners will be announced on stage during the Thursday morning keynotes.
- Certified Developer Version 2 - Prep Course and Exam, a day long certification preparation course, with exams taking place on-site the next day. Register for both the course and the exam to get an €80 discount.
Find the full schedule here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/event_subpages/cfeu2019-schedul...
Register online here: https://www.cloudfoundry.org/event/summit/
Cloud Foundry is an open source technology backed by the largest technology companies in the world, including Dell EMC, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Pivotal, SAP and SUSE, and is being used by leaders in manufacturing, telecommunications and financial services. Only Cloud Foundry delivers the velocity needed to continuously deliver apps at the speed of business. Cloud Foundry’s container-based architecture runs apps in any language on your choice of cloud — Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), IBM Cloud, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, VMware vSphere, and more. With a robust services ecosystem and simple integration with existing technologies, Cloud Foundry is the modern standard for mission critical apps for global organizations.
About Cloud Foundry Foundation
The Cloud Foundry Foundation is an independent non-profit open source organization formed to sustain the development, promotion and adoption of Cloud Foundry as the industry standard for delivering the best developer experiences to companies of all sizes. The Foundation projects include Cloud Foundry Application Runtime, Cloud Foundry Container Runtime, BOSH, Open Service Broker API, Eirini, CF Containerization, Abacus, CF-Local, CredHub, ServiceFabrik, Stratos and more. Cloud Foundry makes it faster and easier to build, test, deploy and scale applications, and is used by more than half the Fortune 500, representing nearly $15 trillion in combined revenue. Cloud Foundry is hosted by The Linux Foundation and is an Apache 2.0 licensed project available on Github: https://github.com/cloudfoundry. To learn more, visit: http://www.cloudfoundry.org.
Martha de Monclin
Bijou PR for Cloud Foundry Foundation
T: 0777 168 2434
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Martha Thierion de Monclin T/A Bijou PR in the following categories: Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.