Forget the traditional barbeque this summer, national support charity, Breast Cancer Haven, is launching the all-improved Bra-beque!
No, it’s not a typo. Breast Cancer Haven is inviting you to gather your friends, family and colleagues this summer to host a Bra-beque to remember. So, fire up the BBQ, bust out the burgers, and get ready to sizzle your sausages, knowing that the money you raise will make a huge difference to those affected by breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Haven CEO, Sally Hall, said:
“Every hour in the UK, six women are diagnosed with breast cancer. This summer, we’re inviting everyone to host their seasonal barbeque but with a bra-illiant twist, to ensure Breast Cancer Haven can continue to provide free, one-to-one, emotional support and supportive therapies for people affected by breast cancer.”
Taking part is simple. Just choose a venue, set a date and hope that the sun shines. You can ask for donations for the food and drink, charge an entry fee, or play some summer sports games and pay per game – bra-pong anyone? Whether you keep it simple or go all out, it's completely up to you, just share your photos on social media using the hashtag #Brabeque. It's all about having fun whilst raising funds to help support people like Callie:
"Without Breast Cancer Haven, my life - and that of my family’s - would be very different. I got such peace of mind from knowing that Breast Cancer Haven was there, supporting and offering advice, or just providing a nurturing place to heal and rest my weary bones. It made each step more bearable. I was thankful that my partner was able to access support too. So often carers are forgotten about but at Breast Cancer Haven he was included and supported. Breast Cancer Haven inspired me to be the very best Callie I could be and I’m so grateful for their support.”
If you’re interested in hosting your very own Bra-beque in aid of Breast Cancer Haven, visit www.breastcancerhaven.org.uk/bra-beque and sign up for your free fundraising pack. It’s filled with ideas and information to make sure your event is a sizzling success.
For further media information, images or interviews please contact Victoria Sowerby at Clearsilver on 0113 307 5900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors
About Breast Cancer Haven
1. Breast Cancer Haven is the charity that supports people through their breast cancer treatment. We provide a tailored package of emotional, physical and practical support. No referral is necessary.
2. The programme provides, completely free of charge, a unique model of care that is fully integrated with hospital medical treatment. It is a global leader in its field and cancer specialists from all over the world visit Breast Cancer Haven centres and learn from them.
3. Help is also available through the website – breastcancerhaven.org.uk; an outreach programme, including many of the elements available at the charity’s centres; and a ‘Haven at Home’ DVD is available to anyone who can’t get to a Breast Cancer Haven centre.
4. It costs around £1000 to provide the Breast Cancer Haven programme for each service user and the care and support make a huge difference to their lives at a difficult time.
5. There are currently five Breast Cancer Haven centres in the UK in London, Yorkshire (Leeds), Hereford, Titchfield (Wessex), West Midlands (Solihull) and with hospital outreach centres in Worcester and London.
Breast Cancer Haven, Effie Road, London SW6 1TB.
T: 020 7384 0099
Breast Cancer Haven, 37 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2JB.
T: 01432 361 061
Breast Cancer Haven, 4-5 The Gateway West, Leeds LS9 8DA.
T: 0113 284 7829
Breast Cancer Haven, 35 The Square, Titchfield, Hampshire, PO14 4RT
T: 01329 559 290
Breast Cancer Haven, The Breast Unit, Worcestershire Royal Hospital
Charles Hastings Way, Worcester, WR5 1DD
T: 01905 677 862
Breast Cancer Haven, West Midlands, 1 St. Bernard’s Road, Solihull, B92 7AU.
T: 0121 726 9570
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Breast Cancer Haven in the following categories: Men's Interest, Health, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.