The Christmas fairies have been up to mischief in the Arboretum this year, casting spells and transforming Westonbirt into an Enchanted Forest.
Every weekend in the run up to Christmas* The National Arboretum, Westonbirt, which is in Gloucestershire, will offer a night-time trail of twinkling lights and sparkling illuminations. An all-new trail to mark its 21st year of hosting a lights event, there will be magical characters to find on the trail, talking trees and - if you are lucky - you might see Father Christmas dressed in his traditional green outfit.
At the entrance to the trail will be the Christmas Village, where visitors can enjoy a packed programme of activities for the whole family, such as having a go at family arts and crafts, listening to Christmas choirs and bands perform seasonal favourites, or warming up with a mug of mulled wine and festive food.
Voted the number one Christmas light display in the country in 2018, in a survey carried out by McCarthy and Stone, this new trail will showcase some new features and state of the art lighting technologies, whilst keeping the unique woodland and family feel of the event.
Due to popular demand tickets are available through advance booking only, and can be booked by visiting|[www.forestryengland.uk/westonbirt/enchanted-christmas] or calling the box office on 03000 680 400
For a press invite to the preview, additional press information, images or video content please contact Kate Woodward or Lis Anderson at AMBITIOUS PR tel: 07780688931 landline 0117 905 1177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Dates: This year the event will run on the following dates:
• 29 November to 1 December 2019
• 6 December to 8 December
• 13 December to 15 December
• 20 December to 22 December
Sat 7 December and Saturday 14 Dec at 4pm
The trail will open 1 hour early at 4pm and will be adapted to suit those with additional needs such as autism. For example, strong flashing lights, loud sound effects and smoke effects will be temporarily deactivated. All usual functions will resume ready for the general public to enter the trail at 5pm.
Child:£7.50 (under 5s go free)
Notes to Editor
1. Westonbirt Arboretum is a not-for-profit organisation and any monies raised through the Enchanted Christmas will be put back into the care and maintenance of this all-year-round visitor attraction
2. Westonbirt, The National Arboretum is managed by Forestry England and is renowned worldwide for its tree and shrub collection. Home to five national collections, the arboretum covers 243 hectares (600 acres) and contains nearly 15,000 labelled specimens. Visitor numbers are 500,000 a year, with a membership of over 32,000. Westonbirt Arboretum was established in the 1850s by wealthy landowner Robert Holford and later developed by his son George Holford. Unlike many arboretums, Westonbirt is laid out according to aesthetic appeal rather than scientific or geographical criteria. Visit|[https://www.forestryengland.uk/westonbirt]
3. Forestry England manages and cares for the nation’s 1,500 woods and forests, with over 230 million visits per year. As England’s largest land manager, we shape landscapes and are enhancing forests for people to enjoy, wildlife to flourish and businesses to grow. For more information visit|[https://www.forestryengland.uk]. Forestry England is an agency of the Forestry Commission.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Ambitious PR in the following categories: Children & Teenagers, Men's Interest, Entertainment & Arts, Leisure & Hobbies, Home & Garden, Women's Interest & Beauty, Environment & Nature, Travel, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.