London, 30th October 2019
Augusta, the UK’s largest litigation funder by case volume, today announces the formation of its Consumer Claims Division, with four new hires into the business.
Led by Head of Structured Projects, Ed Yell, new joiners to the team are: Investment Managers Oliver Lawson, Solicitor (joining from Stevens & Bolton), Matthew Pitchers, ACA (joining from Deloitte) and Katherine Woodfine, CFA (joining from Puma Investments) as well as Investment Associate Lewis Davey (joining from Prospect Capital). Max Turner, already with Augusta, will also work with the team.
Louis Young, Managing Director at Augusta, said “I’m delighted to welcome Oliver, Matthew, Katherine and Lewis to the new division that Ed Yell has created. We have seen increasing demand for the funding of both large-scale consumer actions and high volume individual claims, both in the UK and in Europe, and we have responded with investment into specialist expertise to help law firms, claims managers and their clients navigate the compensation terrain on their way to gaining the access to justice that is sorely needed”.
Augusta has recently announced a further $115m fundraising from a multi-billion-dollar US-based investment manager. This follows a £150m fundraising from a global investment fund in 2018, to finance business growth and investment in funding cases.
Augusta has also recently announced hirings into its senior team with the arrival of Proskauer Director Polly Bahl as Chief Operating Officer (COO), FTI Consulting Managing Director Leor Franks as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Ardonagh Group’s Chief Counsel Frances Coats as General Counsel (GC). These additions reflect Augusta’s ongoing growth and increasing client demand for dispute and litigation funding.
- Established in 2013, Augusta is the largest litigation and dispute funding institution in the UK by # case. Augusta’s scale enables us to make decisions in market-leading timeframes and fund cases of any size.
- Augusta is organised into a series of specialist practice groups: Arbitration, Class Action, Competition, Consumer, Intellectual Property and Litigation, and sectors including Financial Services and Construction & Energy.
- By the end of H12019, Augusta had funded 213 claims with a market-leading win ratio of over 80%.
- Augusta has offices in London, Sydney, Melbourne and Toronto.
- #consumer #litigation #legalservices #investment #privateequity
Leor Franks, Chief Marketing Officer. email@example.com +44 (0)20 3510 2100
Augusta Ventures, The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AN, United Kingdom. www.augustaventures.com
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Augusta Ventures in the following categories: Personal Finance, Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.