Learn more about the menopause
There are many myths and misconceptions surrounding the menopause, so it’s essential to know the facts – and a great way to do this is to arrange a talk by a leading expert and public speaker.
Norma Goldman BPharm. (Hons) MRPharmS. MSc. (health promotion), founder and director of The Menopause Exchange, has a pharmacy degree and is a qualified health promotion specialist. She is available for talks and workshops on the menopause, for women, men, healthcare professionals and journalists. Her talks can be organised by workplaces, women’s groups, exhibitions/conferences and health spas and clubs. Norma travels to many parts of the UK.
‘Understanding the menopause’ talks are suitable for women at or approaching the menopause, women who have had a premature menopause (before 40) or a hysterectomy or anyone with an interest in midlife health. Post-menopausal women attend talks too, and men are always welcome. Every talk provides impartial, reliable, up-to-date and practical information on all aspects of the menopause, to help women make informed decisions about coping at this time of life. Attendees can ask questions, take a factsheet home and hear about other women’s experiences. Topics covered include:
• General information on the menopause
• Menopausal symptoms
• Health promotion advice and self-help lifestyle tips
• Complementary therapies and medicines
• The menopause at work
Norma’s in-depth knowledge has helped thousands of women enjoy a more comfortable menopause.
‘The menopause at work’ talks for managers, health and safety advisers and anyone else who is responsible in the workplace for the wellbeing of employees include:
• General information on the menopause
• Menopause symptoms that affect work
• Research and articles on the menopause and the workplace
• Discussion of the menopause at work for employers and what the workplace can do to support and help employees through the menopause
• Impartial and practical information on the menopause for both employees and employers
• Support from colleagues
• Menopause policies and guidelines
• Information about coping with the menopause
Examples of positive feedback:
“Thank you for your menopause presentation. Feedback received from colleagues has been very good. Staff have commented that your style of communication and the detail involved was very informative. One of the men who attended commented how the information you shared will help him develop his understanding, not only in the work environment but also at home. I would definitely recommend your services to anyone else who might be seeking to arrange a similar event in the future.” (Major Company)
“This session made me aware of symptoms I have that I did not know could be related to the menopause.” (Hospital Trust)
“Norma was very articulate; obviously is very well versed in the subject, informative, clear and precise in her speaking.” (Law Firm)
"This talk has opened a door for me where I feel that I know where to get information about the menopause, including health promotion and dietary advice.” (Bank)
“The excellent information for coping with the menopause was very balanced, looking at HRT, complementary therapies and tips." (Nurse)
“Very useful, helpful and invaluable information. Should be held regularly – enjoyed immensely.” (Council Office)
“I am a line manager, and this presentation will form the basis to understand the menopause, allowing me to be more educated.”(University)
Norma Goldman has been presenting talks on the menopause for over 21 years. Her book ‘The Menopause-ask the experts’ was published by Hammersmith Press.
The Menopause Exchange emails a free quarterly newsletter containing articles written by top medical experts, including gynaecologists, GPs, consultants, specialist menopause nurses, complementary practitioners, pharmacists and dietitians. We also include news, book reviews and our ‘Ask the experts’ page.
Check out our website at http://www.menopause-exchange.co.uk. Find us on Facebook and Twitter (@MenopauseExch).
To arrange a talk or workshop or find out more information, e-mail email@example.com, call 020 8420 7245 or write to The Menopause Exchange at PO Box 205, Bushey, Herts WD23 1ZS.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
1. The Menopause Exchange was launched in June 1999.
2. Articles in previous issues of The Menopause Exchange newsletter include: The menopause at work; A man’s guide to the menopause; Libido and the menopause; Should all women be on non-oral HRT?; Non-hormonal prescribed treatments for menopausal sweats and flushes; Vitamins at the menopause; Bleeding patterns and the menopause.
3. The founder and director of The Menopause Exchange is Norma Goldman. Norma has a pharmacy degree and a Master’s degree in health promotion. She gives talks and workshops on the menopause to employees in the workplace including hospitals, women’s groups, healthcare professionals, GP practices, organisations, companies and at exhibitions. Her daughter, Victoria Goldman, the editor of the newsletter, is an experienced health journalist, editor and proofreader, with a BSc. degree in Biomedical Science and a Master’s degree in Science Communication.
4. The aim of The Menopause Exchange is to raise the awareness of the menopause among women, healthcare professionals, complementary practitioners, line managers, health and safety officers and anyone else who is responsible in the workplace for the wellbeing of employees.
5. All press enquiries to Norma Goldman on 020 8420 7245.
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of The Menopause Exchange in the following categories: Health, Medical & Pharmaceutical, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.