iland DRaaS offering helps companies efficiently achieve secure IT resiliency
LONDON, 20th June 2016 – iland, an award-winning enterprise cloud infrastructure provider, today announced that it has been identified by Gartner Inc. as a Leader in the 2016 “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service.”*
In the Magic Quadrant for this market sector, Gartner analysts evaluated 20 service providers offering Disaster Recovery as a Service (DR), based on the criteria of 'ability to execute' and 'completeness of vision.'
According to the report, “In recent years, IT disaster recovery (DR) as a whole and DRaaS specifically have gained momentum for small and midsize organisations due to improved affordability and functionality. Gartner estimates the DRaaS market will nearly triple in the next three years to a revenue point of $3.4 billion by 2019. In addition, DRaaS interest has grown significantly among large enterprises during the past year, as Gartner witnessed a 77% increase in inquiries from these organisations throughout 2015.”
“From human error to cyber terrorism, companies today face more threats – and downtime is more costly – than ever before. For years, we’ve teamed with customers and other industry leaders to ensure companies around the globe can cost-efficiently protect business with solid backup, disaster recovery and advanced security,” said Brian Ussher, president, iland. “We’re proud to be named a Leader in the Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service, as we feel it further validates our strength in helping customers stay ahead of emerging threats with leading technology and expert support.”
With more than a decade of experience in cloud-based disaster recovery, iland’s DRaaS goes far beyond simple backup to ensure customers’ workloads are protected, and the disaster recovery process is tuned to business priorities and compliance needs. With the service, IT workloads can be replicated from virtual or physical environments to iland’s global advanced security cloud infrastructure, and customers can achieve recovery time objectives measured in minutes.
Unlike any other provider, iland enables customers to easily, efficiently execute failovers and tests via its proven Enterprise Cloud Services Console– a single interface that can also be used to manage any iland cloud resources around the globe. iland partners with Veeam, VMware, Zerto, and Vision Solutions’ Double-Take to bring the best replication technologies to its customers.
iland’s DRaaS with advanced security offerings enable companies to:
• Minimise downtime by replicating workloads from virtual environments to iland’s high-availability, advanced security cloud infrastructure
• Protect against emerging IT threats with the unmatched advanced security native to iland’s DRaaS offering, including features such as antivirus and malware detection, vulnerability scanning, whole disk encryption, SSL-VPN, intrusion detection and prevention, event logging, and deep packet inspection
• Access a team of proven disaster recovery experts that help assess, plan, test and execute DR plans
• Satisfy compliance requirements, leveraging on-demand reporting tools
• Manage and recover any or all applications, as needed, on a self-service basis in iland’s cloud console
• Test disaster recovery plans at will, executing failover and failback without service disruption
• Accelerate and automate the entire failover and failback process, reducing the errors of manual failback, lowering data loss, and ensuring data integrity
Industry recognition underscores strength of services and commitment to customers
Customers, industry analysts and partners around the globe continue to validate iland’s proven DRaaS offering. Recent accolades include:
• 2016 Zerto Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year
• 2015 Veeam Service Provider of the Year, North America
• VMworld 2015 Finalist for Disaster Recovery
• Cisco Powered Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) designation under the Cisco® Cloud and Managed Services Advanced Certification
For more information on iland’s enterprise cloud and disaster recovery services, go to:
• iland Disaster-Recovery-as-a-Service
• Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service
• iland Hosted Cloud Services
• iland Enterprise Cloud Services – Advanced Security
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Source: Gartner “Magic Quadrant for Disaster Recovery as a Service” by John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Ron Blair, June 16, 2016.
With data centres in the U.S., U.K. and Singapore, iland delivers the only enterprise cloud solutions in the market today with true innovation, transparency, intelligent management and advanced security built in. From scaling production workloads, to supporting testing and development, to disaster recovery, iland’s secure cloud and decades of experience translate into unmatched service. iland has been recognised as Veeam’s Service Provider of the Year and Zerto’s Cloud Service Provider Partner of the Year, as well as VMware’s Service Provider Partner of the Year, Global and Americas. iland is also part of the Cisco Cloud Managed Service Provider Program for IaaS and DRaaS and partners with other industry leaders including Trend Micro, Hytrust and Nimble Storage. Visit www.iland.com.
All registered trademarks and other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
# # #
US Media Contact:
UK Media Contact:
C8 Consulting for iland
+44 1189 497736/+44 7894 339645
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of C8 Consulting in the following categories: Business & Finance, Public Sector, Third Sector & Legal, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.