Falcon Release Accelerates Delivery of Business Value Through Enterprise Mobility
LONDON, UK – October 26, 2016 – Capriza, a leader in enterprise mobility for business applications, today announced its latest release, Falcon, introducing the industry’s first set of Universal Micro Apps designed to reduce the time it takes organisations to deliver value through enterprise mobility. Compared to siloed approaches, Capriza’s pre-built micro apps uniquely work across widely-varied business applications, simplifying and accelerating high value processes.
Falcon was inspired by the challenges businesses face in identifying where to apply mobility to achieve the fastest time to value. They need an approach that leverages their enormous investments in business applications that were not designed for the modern mobile workplace and to address the knowledge gap most organisations face in creating user-centric mobile experiences. Furthermore, Gartner has predicted that "Through 2017, the market capacity for mobile application development services will grow at least five times faster than internal IT organisation capacity to deliver them.”1
Falcon’s Universal Micro Apps enable organisations to overcome these obstacles by embedding best practices developed with Capriza’s enterprise customers, spanning over 30 industries and 500,000 users. These pre-built micro apps provide immediate impact and business value across multiple line segments and can be quickly attached to any web-based business application.
Typical businesses operate via hundreds of processes that happen on any given day. Friction in those processes can compound, impacting business agility. While many are fundamental and necessary for governance and compliance, they can be a significant contributor to operational drag.
Universal Micro Apps are initially available for a wide range of common approvals processes, including purchase orders, requisitions, invoices, expenses, and time-off. The new micro apps simplify, mobilise and accelerate these approval processes so that employees can purchase goods or services to keep the business running, or invoice customers faster to accelerate time-to-cash.
“We have hundreds of managers working at remote sites who need to approve purchase orders for materials to keep our projects moving. In one month alone, a district manager spent over 33 hours approving 800 POs,” said Kent Lyon, Vice President, Finance for RPC, a leading oilfield services company. “The accumulative impact of approvals across the entire organisation takes a major toll on our productivity, creating significant operational drag. With Capriza, we’ve been able to eliminate that burden and reduce approval cycle times by more than 75 percent. From a compliance standpoint, this ensures peace of mind, while providing a quick and consistent mobile user experience.”
Key capabilities of Universal Micro Apps include:
- User-First Mobile Design – Using mobile design best practices, the micro apps are simple and intuitive and leverage native mobile capabilities. They also include optimised workflows allowing users to quickly review the information needed to make an informed decision for a specific approval. By providing a consistent, unified experience for the different types of approvals, users are shielded from the nuances and complexities of the underlying applications to maximise productivity and minimise delays.
- Attach to Any Web-Based Business Application – Universal Micro Apps can quickly attach to any web-based business application using point and click functionality – without the need for upgrades, coding, APIs, systems integration or any new infrastructure.
- Proactive Updates – Widespread consumer adoption of mobility has created a pervasive expectation that apps should notify the user with important updates. By continuously monitoring any field-level data from any business application, Universal Micro Apps proactively alert the user through push notifications based on business conditions. The system also highlights critical metrics though swipeable widgets, so users have ready access to information when they need it.
- Optimised Experience – Capriza Falcon uses numerous performance optimisation techniques such as caching, lazy loading, and pre-fetching to achieve maximum app responsiveness. In some instances, the performance of the Universal Micro Apps can be faster than the underlying business application itself.
- Fully Extensible – Universal Micro Apps are fully configurable, enabling business owners to rebrand and restyle them, as well as add new fields, controls, screens or even steps in the workflow with no coding required.
“When we founded Capriza, we knew there was an opportunity to help companies capitalise on the opportunity that comes with enterprise mobility,” said Yuval Scarlat, CEO and Co-Founder, Capriza. “The new Universal Micro Apps mark a major step forward. We’ve seen firsthand which types of micro apps deliver the most value for our half a million users, so we’ve combined that knowledge with our design expertise to offer pre-built micro apps. The Universal Micro Apps can provide immediate impact and business value for organisations in every industry.”
Falcon’s Universal Micro Apps are generally available today. Visit www.capriza.com/falcon to learn more.
On November 10th at 11:00am PT, Capriza will be presenting a webinar entitled “New Universal Micro Apps to Reduce Operational Drag with Capriza Falcon” where they will showcase Universal Micro Apps. To register, please click here.
ClickToTweet: The Falcon Lands! Capriza Introduces Industry-First Universal Micro Apps http://bit.ly/2eoM7KI #enterprisemobility via @capriza
1 Gartner, How to Mitigate the Growing Mobility Skills Gap, 13 February 2015, Foundational 16 September 2016
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Capriza mobile-enables your core applications to make it easy to do business inside and outside your organization. Capriza’s enterprise mobility platform empowers IT and business units to mobile-enable critical business workflows in a matter of days without any coding, APIs or integration. Capriza disrupts the speed and economics of the enterprise mobility journey by extending the capabilities of existing applications from SAP, Oracle, Salesforce as well as custom-built solutions in a simple and useable way, onto any smartphone or tablet. Founded in 2011 by former executives of Mercury Interactive, Capriza is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA and is funded by Andreessen Horowitz, CRV, Tenaya Capital, Harmony Partners, Allen & Company, Entre Capital and Vintage Investment.
For more information, visit www.capriza.com
Follow @capriza on Twitter
Follow Capriza on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/capriza
Follow +Capriza on Google+
Read the Capriza blog at www.capriza.com/blog
Become a fan of Capriza on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CaprizApps/
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Positive Marketing in the following categories: Business & Finance, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.