Wi-SUN Alliance, a global member-based association driving the proliferation of interoperable wireless solutions for use in smart cities, smart utilities and other Internet of Things (IoT) applications, has seen a significant increase in membership by more than 60 per cent in the last year. According to the latest figures, 70 new members*, including product vendors and utility companies, have joined the consortium in the last 12 months, taking total membership figures to 180.
Wi-SUN Alliance offers a four-tier membership: Promoters, Contributors, Adopters and Observers. Together with 19 new Contributors, 47 new Adopters and 2 Observers, the Alliance also added two new Promoter members: Itron, who acquired Silver Spring Networks earlier this year, became Promoters in January 2017 and Landis + Gyr Technology became Promoter members in September 2017. Both companies nominated members of their staff to become Directors of the Wi-SUN Board.
Representing Asia Pacific (Australia, China, India, Singapore, Japan, Korea, Taiwan), the Americas (Brazil, Canada, USA), Europe (Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, Sweden, UK) and South Africa, Wi-SUN members include globally recognised companies, as well as national companies and utilities, offering more than 80 products between them. Currently there are more than 89 million Wi-SUN capable devices awarded worldwide (Navigant Research: https://www.navigantresearch.com/) .
Working with organisations looking to design and connect interoperable wireless devices across smart cities and smart utilities, Wi-SUN Alliance has recently expanded its focus to reach more vendors and utility operators, together with telecoms carriers across Europe where recent changes in the wireless spectrum have opened up new market opportunities.
President and CEO of Wi-SUN Alliance, Phil Beecher, comments: “Wi-SUN is the leading technology in large-scale outdoor networking and the most widely deployed IoT technology worldwide – and this is reflected in our growing member base. Independent research from Rethink Technology provides further support for Wi-SUN’s growing momentum, estimating that companies in the Wi-SUN ecosystem are set to enjoy continued growth at 20% CAGR, as mesh network technology begins to reach into new verticals and different business models are developed/implemented. As we push ahead with our Field Area Network (FAN) certification program, we look forward to growing our global membership further.”
Membership of the Wi-SUN Alliance is open to all industry stakeholders and includes silicon vendors, product vendors, services providers, utilities, universities, enterprises and municipalities and local government organisations.
To learn more about the benefits of participating in Wi-SUN, see video of Colton Ching, Senior Vice President Planning & Technology, Hawaiian Electric Company: Colton Ching at Wi-SUN Members Meeting.
Notes for editors:
* New Members:
• Promoters: Itron, Landis + Gyr
• Contributors: Avangrid, ARM Ltd, Das Coisas, Enestone, Exegin Technologies, Friendcom, GMO GlobalSign Inc, Hexing Electrical Co. Ltd, Hitachi Maxell Ltd, Huawei, Instituto Eldorado, Korea Radio Promotion Association, NXP, Nuratech Labs, Sagemcom Energy & Telecoms SAS, Sieco-Tech Inc., TF Payment Service Co. Ltd, Trilliant, Vangochip Technologies
• Adopters: Anacle, Aptilo Networks, Azbil, Building Brains, CityFlow Tecnologia, Control Data Systems SRL, CPFL Energia, Dakshin Haryana Bijli, Desh Tecnologia S.A, Diehl Metering GmbH, EIOSX, Eron Energy PTV, EnerNex, Ensemble Tech Pvt Ltd, Eskom Research Testing & Development, forte.inc, Grid20/20 Inc, HCC Embedded, Hitachi, ICTpower GmbH, Indra, Inesh Smart Energy (P) Ltd., Institutos Lactec, Intrinsic ID Inc., J&D Electronics Co., Ltd., KEPCO, Melange Systems, M2M Telemetria, Minlandr, Mirakonta, Mitsunami Co., Narnix Technolabs, NetKlass Technology Inc., NextDrive, Nippon Signal Co., Ltd., Osaka Gas, Pacific Communications, Ring, Runtime, Shenzhen Kaifa Technology, Shenzhen Star, STMicroelectronics, TechAguru Inc., Urban Control, Vanteon Corporation, Wimera Systems Pvt Ltd, Worldpicom Corp.
• Observers: Allion Labs Inc., Criterion Network Labs.
Wi-SUN Alliance Membership:
Wi-SUN Alliance has a four-tier membership program:
• Promoters: Members contribute to the development of specifications, have access to general working group sessions and a seat on the Board of Directors
• Contributors: Members contribute to the development of specifications, and have access to general working group sessions
• Observers: Members may participate during the development of specifications. (Observer membership class is primarily applicable for Test Laboratories)
• Adopters: Members will have access to the final approved version of specifications and may participate in marketing events.
For further information, visit: https://www.wi-sun.org/index.php/join-us/membership-overview#
About the Wi-SUN Alliance
The Wi-SUN Alliance is a global non-profit member-based association comprised of industry leading companies. Its mission is to drive the global proliferation of interoperable wireless solutions for use in smart cities, smart grids and other Internet of Things (IoT) applications using open global standards from international standards organizations, such as IEEE 802, IETF, TIA, TTC and ETSI. With 180 members worldwide, membership of the Wi-SUN Alliance is open to all industry stakeholders and includes silicon vendors, product vendors, services providers, utilities, universities, enterprises and municipalities and local government organizations.
Wi-SUN Alliance and the Wi-SUN Alliance logo are trademarks of the Wi-SUN Alliance.
Amanda Hassall, Consultant
Tel: +44 (0) 1628 822741
M: +44 (0) 7855 359889
This press release was distributed by ResponseSource Press Release Wire on behalf of Origin Comms Ltd in the following categories: Business & Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering & Energy, Computing & Telecoms, for more information visit https://pressreleasewire.responsesource.com/about.